Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So right now I have a 1984 Mustang with the 5.0 in it. I have added a weiland tunnel ram, 2 600CFM four barrels, the biggest cam I can have with out notched pistions and some headers.

I cant put a bigger carb set up cause it just wont take that much fuel so I'm stuck(i've already tried 2 650's). I dont know what else thats under $300 bucks to make me faster!

Any sugestions?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
if you want to go faster go back to one carb, one of the two you are using. That thing has to have gas running out of the tailpipes. I have 1000 cfm carb on 436 inch motor.
Dual carbs are for looks not performance.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Tell us your budget/goals and be ready to pull that stuff out

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm. well I had a demon 1050 on it for a while and a nice $500 ford racing manafold and it was running low 14's. like 14.2's. After I went to the duel 4's I broke 14 seconds(down to 13.99). I've tried a couple different cams. with no result.

Any suggestions on a better cam or better fuel dilvery? I have $500 cash. What can I do? i wanna go to low 13's.

·
Registered
42 Posts
are you looking for engine upgrades only? if not, i'd suggest some suspension work or gears

·
Registered
42 Posts
to take nearly 1 second off your time on a $500 budget seems a little difficult in my eyes... although i'm no expert

or you could just pull a bunch of weight out of your car, and put a 95lb girl behind the wheel!!

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
for $500 you might as well start taking things off the car and buy a nitrous kit. as for the cam, this should be the last piece of your engine, it ties things together so to speak; and ideally this would be a custom grind

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
a set of gears would be my next investment though

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I wasn't aware that you had a 3.73 setup, what are all of you mods to the car thus far?

·
Registered
261 Posts
If your goal is low 13s, some weight reduction, gears, stickies, and the driver mod should do the trick...

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
When I ran my fastest pass I had/have a 3.73 rear end, Headers, Tunnel Ram, 2 600CFM Holleys, custom exhaust, huge cam, mickey t. drag radials, 4 wheel disk brakes. Full interior including full size spare tire and jack/lug wrench. my girlfriend in the passenger seat.

I think I will run again without the girl and the spare tire, maybe do a longer burn out.

If yall have a better set up than my duel 4's and tunnel ram let me know.

I just found a pair of gt-40p heads with headers for $200, should I buy them?.......would they fit my 84 stang?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
if you have stock heads then the gt40p would be a great upgrade, have them rebuilt, maybe a valve job, shedding weight is never a bad thing, and get some suspension going on

1 - 20 of 100 Posts