Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all im new to the forums and to the s197 but been on this forum lots of time just posted in till now but anyways im going to order a sct tuner/ c&l racer intake combo with pypes o/r x pipe from american muscle and wanted to see if that combo is worth it and also would like to know what nos kit is good a what do I need to run it safely oh if it helps im a 06 mustang gt auto and do we have discount code for am thanks to all looking forward to hear from yall

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
that is a great start and you will absolutely love the difference those mods will make.

american muscle does have a discount, PM chris here and ask for the code:

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=36157

as for nitrous many quite a few people are running it successfully. use the search option and look through some of the threads that have been gone over a few times for this. this will allow you to form your opinion on which kit you would like with information that has been said many times already

·
Registered
789 Posts
Those mods will be night and day, especially since your in an auto. I did that and the gears at the same time minus the mid pipe and I absolutely couldn't believe the power it added.

·
10,234 Posts
oh and also don't be a one time poster to get your answer and disappear. welcome to the forum

:pics

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for quick reply and im not gona be a 1 time post ill be here for awille lol also want muffler should I go with I want a nice lound I was thinking about the flowmaster 10 series race but dont no and youtube no.got notting on that dose muffler do any hp? Im gona try to post some pics thanks to all

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
Here she is I like to call her white beauty

Edit by DiMora: Hey man, if you use the firefox web browser, you can right click on your pics on imageshack then left click on "copy image location" and use the picture icon to insert the link in your post so we can see the pics without having to click. I fixed it for you.

·
10,234 Posts
car looks awesome, but you may consider copying the img code so the actual picture will be on here.

i've never heard of that kit and it is pretty bare. no purge, bottle warmer, blow off tube, missing alot of things.

as far as will your stock components...........it's all dependent on what you plan on doing. will they hold up to a launch at the 1/4, no. you'll likely wreck your car doing that on stock tires. you would probably at least want some stickies tires for the track and some lca's

·
Registered
874 Posts
Build from the back to front. Start with LCAs and gears 3.73 or 4.10s and the CAI and Tune. That is a good start. Next would be the Headers and x pipe. As far as N2o?

you'll likely wreck your car doing that on stock tires. you would probably at least want some stickies tires for the track and some lca's
He aint kidding, power adders need to be respected and with street tires things get ugly real fast and you never get the chance to recover before you end up against the rail or crossing over to the next lane. Learn the car under NA with a set of DR's before you go farther, if you do the DR's upgrade the Driveshaft and the Converter and make sure you get a driveshaft loop.

Nice Car, keep it nice, good luck and welcome to MM

·
10,234 Posts
i've been using the stock ds, but obviously with the sc'er i'll need to upgrade. was using it with et streets and not one problem, but i absolutely used the ds loops.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya I think im gona stay away from the bottle for now in till I get the right stuff and I did try to use the pic code but it didnt work because im on my cell phone still waiting on internet lol and on the stripe side im going with orange did think of blue but you.dont see orange thanks guys for helping me out

1 - 13 of 13 Posts