Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys ive got bbk longtube headers. a bbk catted h pipe and a bassani bx catback. and its just not nearly as loud as i want it to be at all. i had an offroad H on there for about a week and it really wasent much louder than with the catted one...you guys have any ideas about what i can do? idk if i like the sound that much either:( my dad drove my car around the block so i could hear it yesterday and i didnt like it at all..:sorry

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
switch to an o/r midpipe and get some Mac or SpinTech mufflers...

·
Registered
748 Posts
SLP LM2...or Magnaflow Magnapacks...or Flowmaster cat back but change the muffler itself to say to somethign equivalent to outlaw series or 10 series (race mufflers) by flowmaster.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Dynomax Race Bullet -- extremely loud and neighbor disturbing. I had them once and the guy I was racing couldn't hear his own car over mine. Summit has them around 50 bucks each.

·
Registered
748 Posts
what about if i bought some slp lm1 resonators and swapped em in? might that work?

that may....2 things tho

1. that may require some modification/extra pieces of pipe to get the connections right.

2. have you heard the LM1 resonators in comparison to the LM2 Racemufflers(glass pack/wool pack)?

·
Registered
748 Posts
with bassani, i would try an o/r x... idk if a catted H was the best decision with bassani imo
maybe not....but per my research (part1/part2 sound thinking of MM & FF) h-pipes will be louder and bark harder than x-pipes. x pipes make more power and mask a large cam when compared to an h-pipe. x-pipes alos use destructive interference to make power, while h-pipes use dynamic interference to make power.

h-pipes xpipes
louder not so loud
less tq more tq
dynamic destructive

what company crossover pipe are you using--o/r?
what company crossover pipe are you using--catted?
what size is the main pipes?
what size is the crossover pipe?
how long is the crossover pipe?
stock or hi-flow cats?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
maybe not....but per my research (part1/part2 sound thinking of MM & FF) h-pipes will be louder and bark harder than x-pipes. x pipes make more power and mask a large cam when compared to an h-pipe. x-pipes alos use destructive interference to make power, while h-pipes use dynamic interference to make power.

h-pipes xpipes
louder not so loud
less tq more tq
dynamic destructive

what company crossover pipe are you using--o/r?
what company crossover pipe are you using--catted?
what size is the main pipes?
what size is the crossover pipe?
how long is the crossover pipe?
stock or hi-flow cats?
wtf are you smokin pal???

Theres so many things wrong with that post its not even funny.

X pipes are most def louder than H pipes!!!
X pipes have less low end TQ: H pipes have more low end TQ
H pipes are much deeper (old muscle car): X pipes are more high pitched (nascar)

Idk what you mean by dynamic and destructive...

If its aftermarket...it most def has high flow cats.

·
Registered
748 Posts
id just buy a nice 304SS catback...not aluminized or 409SS....

304ss will outlast both aluminized and 409ss

MUSTANG MAGIC---i will grab the 2 magazines right now...i will give you source, year and month of magazine.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
ok... but like everyone here says, you cant always trust the magazines... they sometimes mistake things.

Go in the clubhouse and talk about X vs. H like you just did, and i gaurentee you, everyone will agree 100% with what i'm saying. X is LOUDER than an H. X's have less TQ but more HP.

·
Registered
748 Posts
it all depends on size of the "h" pipe (cossover tube). the other piece of the puzzle that changes the sound of a car and makes it louder or quiter is length of pipes, bends, tips, muffler design.

this comparison between H and X pipes is solely on H and X pipes. this doesn at all take into account during their testing the factors that the cat back plays nor engine size (Liters). a V8 is still a 4th order device. a 5cylinder volveo is 2.5 order. a 4cylinder is 2nd order. and v6 is 3rd order.

part 2 "sound thinking"
Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords
December 2005
Volume 18 Issue 12

part 1 "sound thinkning"
Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords
November 2005
Volume 18 Issue 11

·
Registered
748 Posts
not trying to argue...and yes sometimes **** happens where magazines are wrong and other variables play into efect the overall power and sound. but i only wish to state what i know/researched and give the sources.

we can still all get along...:hug

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
ok... but like everyone here says, you cant always trust the magazines... they sometimes mistake things.

Go in the clubhouse and talk about X vs. H like you just did, and i gaurentee you, everyone will agree 100% with what i'm saying. X is LOUDER than an H. X's have less TQ but more HP.
:withhomo

x pipes are louder and make a tad bit more power. if you want loud, then an o/r x and a straight through muffler like magnapacks, stingers, lms, etc is the way to go. prochambers also sound very good aswell.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts