Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Even tho the search function is good, you still need to be sure you look at the stickies. If you want a BASIC list of products to start some major detailing, look at this:

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/general-car-care-detailing/148525-machine-polishing-items-get-started.html

I always use the Meguire's Smooth Surface kit. Its like $15 at walmart. Comes with two bars and the detail spray/lube.

If you have a ton of swirls, then you are not going to get that "wet" look without some paint correction. Like the others said, the standard polisher is a Porter Cable 7424XP. To get that wet look (this is majorly simplifed) you need to wash, clay, multi-step polish, glaze, wax.

So... if you clay the car and follow with a good wax, it will help. However to get that wet look it takes a lot of work and money.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
haha... nah, still haven't done it. waiting for one of my friends to let me use their garage... I am NOT doing that outside... but, I'm gonna buy the Mothers Clay Kit, still haven't decided on the wax and all the other "after care" products...

you have no idea how indecisive I am when it comes to my car...
You can clay outside as long as you do it in the shade. Its not as hard as you think... it does not get "hard" until you start doing paint correction :).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.