Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I used the search thing, and read quite a bit of the threads, but honestly there are just so many, and I am more confused now than I was before.
I want to use the Mothers Clay kit, because it is not expensive, and I hear good things about it. Now, my car is black, and I want it to get that "always wet" look to it. I have A LOT of swirls, and a few scratches. after the clay bar, what should I follow with and what is the "ideal" buffer to get, I don't want to buy one from an auto parts store because the RPMs those have are around 3500+ and I hear that is way too high.

I was thinking about claying, and then following with the Black Box...

I AM SO CONFUSED!!! HELP ME CHOOSE! PLEASE!!!

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There was a post somewhere on here I tried to find, someone was showing us how to show ready their car. I tried to find it I couldn't. That person had a Black Mustang also, and had a REAL DEEP look to it afterwards...

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha... nah, still haven't done it. waiting for one of my friends to let me use their garage... I am NOT doing that outside... but, I'm gonna buy the Mothers Clay Kit, still haven't decided on the wax and all the other "after care" products...

you have no idea how indecisive I am when it comes to my car...

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still going with the mothers kit :no just kidding man as long as you clay it, also are looking for quality products or some decent over the counter ones?
some quality, but also I don't wanna spend $40 on a little 20g piece of clay... I want enough clay to do my car...

...and I don't wanna take the chance of doing it outside...

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
wow... that's a big bar. *that's what she said* anywho, have you used their clay before? and is it really worth it to use their "recommended" lube?

+ that porter cable is like $125... I'm sure it's worth it, but Jesus... ok, I will order your clay Danny, I found a package with that 200g clay and a spray lube. Is there a less expensive buffer???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.