Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MM's unluckiest member
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i buy lowering springs do i need anything else? like cc plates or shocks and struts?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
it really depends on how much money you want to spend. you dont have to get anything but you will wear tires a bit more than normal and the car wont handle as good. if you want everything to be perfect then yes you need cc plates and shocks and struts

·
Registered
245 Posts
keep in mind when ordering lowering springs for your car that it comes lowered from the factory,dont wanna see ya spend money on springs just to be sitting at the same ride height.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I would recommend CC plates but you do not necessarily need them. And right away you wont need shocks/struts but after about 3000 miles you will. That seems to be as long as they last after being lowered.

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
You should get H&R Super Sport Springs paired with MM Caster Camber Plates. Best combo in my opinion. You should get the plates to hold your alignment in place.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
keep in mind when ordering lowering springs for your car that it comes lowered from the factory,dont wanna see ya spend money on springs just to be sitting at the same ride height.
^ Excellent point :yes

This issue came up a couple weeks back and a couple pepes chimed in with the OEM drop being 3/4" drop, while some others said 1" drop. So, you are gonna need to go with a 1.5" drop spring (normally sold for a GT) just to get a reasonable change in ride height :yes

Jazzer gives kudos to Mystang :)

·
MM's unluckiest member
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright thanks guys, im clue less when it comes to lowering my car so everything helps

·
7,918 Posts
alright thanks guys, im clue less when it comes to lowering my car so everything helps
Keep us updated on whatever you decide. I'm looking to lower my new Mach as well, and I am also clueless when it comes to this, I love to hear what you do and how it works out

·
MM's unluckiest member
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i decided to go with MM caster camber plates, H&R super sports, and im not sure what shocks and struts yet, but im just waiting for Americanmuscle.com to have the cc plates in stock, but once i get them on i'll put some pics up

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have Tokico blue struts and shocks with the H&R SS. Very nice combo. I don't know what was wrong with my car, but in the front before I lowered my car, I could stick my whole phone and my index finger before the gap was covered and in the back, just my phone. My phone is basically 4 inches if not more, and now only an inch on front and back shows. I can't remember what the lowering specs were on the h&r ss, but it did an inch OVER what is said, which helped me out. I live out in the country and going to my work and college, I hit bumps all the time, so it lowered it really good, but I still have clearance and have never scrapped anything (knock on wood).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts