Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to be replacing my intake manifold soon and i figured while i have it off i mind as well get me some nice lookin valve covers. SO if you have some nice lookin valve covers POST PICS!! BBK makes some nice lookin ones. Another thing, how do i find out if i have a Windsor or a Romoe block? The romeo blocks have the 11 bolt pattern and the windors have 12-13 bolt patterns... =/

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
sounds like you got it.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Yes the romeo has 11 bolts in the valve cover, windsor has more. Just count the bolts..Will be easy with no intake, Get your self some new felpro gaskets

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
as far as i know BBK is the only company making aftermarket valve covers for our cars. and as for the windsor romeo thing, romeo's will have 11 bolts (VIN W) and windsor's will have 13/14 (VIN X)

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yea BBK makes some nice ones. Im gonna buy those in the summer. Im hoping to have a polished intake manifold and polished valve covers, and I might try to polish my V1 head unit. I think that would look effin sweet.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeh shaun im getin the PP polished typhoon intake, i havent seen polished valve covers made by BBK.

those dont look as good as the BBks Rouch IMO, thanks for the link tho couldnt seem to find anyone else made valve covers for modular engines

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
I have a pair of chrome BBKs I can't get on. I bought em' for $189 while they were on sale from Brothers' Performance and ended up tearing my top end up trying to get them in. My A/C line is in the way.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was wonderin about that to, are they hard to install? even with CAI, intake manifold, and TB and plenum removed? i read the reviews on AM and they kinda scared me :|

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
I posted a thread up on here about two or three years ago- I went to the on-base auto-shop looking to get the old ones off and the new ones off in about a day.

I ended up leaving it at the shop, paying a mechanic $100 to try and get them on, failing, and buttoning the stockers back up so it didn't leak- a week and a half later.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.