Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay well i normally just go to one of those, "DIY" car washes, but i noticed it leaves some spots and well im thinking it might be cheaper; saving gas a coins
by just washing my car at my house. anyway.

i bought some $3 turtle wax chrome polish and it worked so GREAT.
(i had some mothers that was like $7 that idnt work as well, and i lost it)

my "black box" was alright but it didnt do much anyway.

so this is what i have

- Black box
- Mothers Clay bars (came with detailer that smells like cinnamon :D )
- Turtle Chrome Polish (AWESOME)
- BUFFER (its one that you use like cloth pads, but im missing the thing that goes between the cloth and the machine)
- 2 applicator pads that i bought from targer

well im thinking of getting some of the Turtle wax black detailer,
what else should i get. the black box just took a very long time to apply and i wasnt the most impressed by it.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I'm guessing you are looking for OTC stuff, so I will base my assessment off of that. Get a good car shampoo, you can look at Meguiars Gold Class or Mothers California Gold. I have not used Meguiars personally but I have used Mothers and I liked it. You will also need a good APC, so get some Zep Citrus at Home Depot. Also look for a good car wash mitt. If you have a local Pep Boys I saw they had a SheepSkin wash mitt, I don't know how good it will work but I will be a lot better than a sponge. As far as wax look at Meguiars Gold Class wax. When applying wax remember light, even coats. It is better to do 2 light coats than a thick, heavy coat.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Holy ****- did you polish those wheels? If so wow and how does your forearm feel? Great job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts