Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lead for two big 16g turbos that is their designation. The guy says they flow a lil over 500 cfm each, and between the two they will support 750 hp. they are optimized for a 4.6 to 5.3 litre engine that is fairly stock, but when I called HPP Racing they say they will blow and to supercharge my GT will probably run $10,000 or more. So my question is will these actually work on my car or not. Also were can I get the hardware and get the installation done at reasonable cost and is it possible To get it done for less than 3000? Also what about just using a single supercharger?

Thanks,
John Wagner

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i understand where your coming from on trying to find out the best price to get your mustang worked on BUT you really should do some much research on your GT before you go investing that much money on it.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
i doubt you'll be able to get together a turbo kit for less than 3k. i mean you'll need injectors, better furl system, custom tubing, custom headers, a dyno tune. im sure theres more to it but i'm not ver educated on turbos. supercharging would be a lot easier IMO. most companies sell complete kits w/ a tuner that is ready to bolt on and go for about 5k. Good luck with your build though. hope this helps

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is the whole point I can't afford $10,000, I've got to try to keep it around $3000 as I'm on Social Security disability. Now that you mention it maybe super charging Maybe the route to take. what kind of power increase could I expect with that? Also what type of money are we looking at?

Thanks,
jw

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i think most can agree that you can buy a used supercharger (vortec, procharger) for 2500 to 3000k. its not a bad route to go. and another 1000 for install maybe (not sure about the install price...ballpark maybe) so that gets you what you want for about 5k or less and with a good tune you could prolly be lookin at 400hp range. experts chime in and correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, just called HPP Racing and they think they can do this For about $5500 But I have a little over 100,000 miles On my engine so were thinking about a rebuild first Which will run about 6000 to 6500 dollars But that seems the way to go so I don't wind up with a blown engine In just a couple of months or so. Which means putting the supercharger off for about 1/2 year but I guess that's OK in the long run. All said and done I will wind up with about 450 to 480 Horses at the wheels. At least that's what they said. I think I'll be satisfied with that At least for awhile!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts