Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to replace the cat back system on my car and I thought I would let everyone tell me what they would like to hear on the GT. I am thinking maybe something mellow with a mid-volume tone, but I will listen to all ideas. I was running the Pypes Race Flows, and now I have Flownaster 40's. I don't like the Flows at all.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
hooker areochambers! i ran them on my T/A and have them on my truck, but never heard them on a modular. i love the way they sound on my set ups, just want to hear them on a modular.

·
Registered
192 Posts
hooker areochambers! i ran them on my T/A and have them on my truck, but never heard them on a modular. i love the way they sound on my set ups, just want to hear them on a modular.

Another guy was recommending those to me. I heard they were one of the better sounding/flowing chambered mufflers.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I love my Mac's and would reccomend them. Might be a little too loud for what you are saying you want though.

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anything will be a louder on my car, but these flowmasters just sound like rotten horse ****.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Well I love my pro dumps. I have a vid of it but it will sound differnt on yours of course. I will not run anything else on it. I am going to long tubes and a pro chamber soon.

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I love my pro dumps. I have a vid of it but it will sound differnt on yours of course. I will not run anything else on it. I am going to long tubes and a pro chamber soon.

I loved my Pypes brand Race Flows, but one of them split on me. Pypes has offered to replace both mufflers for the cost of shipping, but they don't make the Race Flows anymore. I always assumed that the Violators were just renamed Race Flows, but Pypes told me they are a different design which are not as aggressive. I am kinda thinking about trying some Warlocks or Dynomax bullets. I probably wouldn't be too happy with a quiet car anyway. I just figured I could get some excellent feedback from everyone on here since the car is fairly popular. Maybe I should start a pole and just put whatever everybody votes the most for on. I kinda think of my car as the 99-04 poster car for MM since alot of the people here helped me get the car to where it is.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
i second the rotten horse ****, flows was a dumb idea on my car too...

try the warlocks out, they aren't the best flowing, unless you unbolt the plugs in them ... but they have a flow through design going on that should sound decent

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i second the rotten horse ****, flows was a dumb idea on my car too...

try the warlocks out, they aren't the best flowing, unless you unbolt the plugs in them ... but they have a flow through design going on that should sound decent
I imagine it would be hard to find a muffler that sounds good on a V6.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I would like to hear the warlocks. I fear that their hype comes mostly from the built in cut out though. But dynomax is ok. I tried a set of those on my procharged F-150 a few years ago, and I wasn't impressed. Up until my Mac's I have been die hard Magnaflow. Good luck with it though. I know sweet and I where trying to get down there this year. Hopefuly with my upcoming mods I will be bringing something that might not come in dead last. Buuut I doubt it. :D

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would like to hear the warlocks. I fear that their hype comes mostly from the built in cut out though. But dynomax is ok. I tried a set of those on my procharged F-150 a few years ago, and I wasn't impressed. Up until my Mac's I have been die hard Magnaflow. Good luck with it though. I know sweet and I where trying to get down there this year. Hopefuly with my upcoming mods I will be bringing something that might not come in dead last. Buuut I doubt it. :D
You can run with these guys. You don't see all the races on the videos. There are tons of cars that would be really great races for you.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts