Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i put on a 75mm MAC throttle body and have had nothing but problems...it was sticking really bad and my idle would hang for way to long around 1500-2000 rpms....so i took it off cleaned my IAC...backed the throttle position screw off so it wouldnt stick...still sticks just not as bad...i even took the cruise control cable off....but now im throwing a code..p0507!! dont know if maybe my IAC sensor is just bad? should i get a new one? or if I should just junk the MAC and buy an accufab? i dont wanna take to a shop just for an idle problem but i cant figure this out ...please help

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
It sounds like too much air is getting past the TB blade. Try backing out the stop screw a bit. One way to get close is to back out the screw until it does not touch the TB stop (just barley like the width of a piece of paper) then put 1.5 turns in.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alot man im going to try that...im starting to think that my problem is just a basic sticky throttle body issue and by trying to correct it ...i made it worse...i spoke to Seth at Brenspeed and he told me to try the same thing you said...if that doesnt help put the old throttle body back on to see if i still get a code...if i dont get a code...im sending it back for a bbk...

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could i port and polish my stock throttle body myself?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
have you tried some throttle body and intake cleaner?

It may just have some gunk keeping it from coming free, if the other guys thing does't work. worth a shot

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i did that already....still sticking and still have a high idle...so i think i just got a bad throttle body....i hope the gaskets are still good after taking it off three times now...

·
Registered
347 Posts
same thing happened to me. has something to do with the throttle cable and the idle control unfortunately i cant tell you what exactly to do cuz i was just playing around with it and it fixed itself

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my cable has a lil slack but thats how it was before i put it on...

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well now i just ****ed myself...the dam screw that attaches the IAC stripped!! dam brass screw ftl!!

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
well now i just ****ed myself...the dam screw that attaches the IAC stripped!! dam brass screw ftl!!
Use vice grips on it. (those screws suck!) Do not port it yourself (or port it at all). It will allow too much air past the TB blade and you will end up with an un-fixable high idle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts