Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
M'kay. The following is the list I've been putting together, in order of what I'll be purchasing for the most part, of what I plan to do to Philis based on what I've seen others' recommendations and what they did or didn't like. Feel free to critique and advise cheaper and/or better options! :D

02/05/2013 Update: Since I ended up sacking the wheels first plan and got the exhaust done, I've finally ordered the wheels and tires! Was originally going with the NT05 315/35/20s in the rear, but since Online Tires have such a killer deal on the Eagle F1 G3-D3 305/35/20s at $150 a pop (retails $615 or so), and the NT05s were at $300 or so per, I decided to try these out. I'll be sure to post pics and such when they're installed! They may not go on for a month or two, depending on the weather in this terrible state...

**First** (purchased, installed)

Borla Stingers Exhaust: Borla Stinger S-Type Mustang Axle-Back Exhaust (05-09 GT) 11750 - Free Shipping!

**Second** (purchased, installed)

Mac LTs + Prochamber:
2005-2009 Mustang GT 4.6L MAC Long Tube Headers & ProChamber Kit

**Third** (purchased, waiting for arrival)

Wheels:
Black Faleen 7-spoke 20x9 x2:
Black S197 Mustang Saleen Style Wheel 20x9 (05-13 All) - Free Shipping!
Black Faleen 7-spoke 20x10 x2:
Black S197 Mustang Saleen Style Wheel 20x10 (05-13 All) - Free Shipping!

Black 6 Spline Lug Nuts:
Black Mustang Six Spline Lug Nuts - Free Shipping at - Free Shipping!

Tires:
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 305/35/20 x2:
EAGLE F1 GS-D3 - OnlineTires.com
Nitto NT555s 255/35/20 x2:
NT555 - OnlineTires.com

**Fourth**

Power Slot slotted rotors, front and back: Mustang Products: StopTech big brake kits, tires

**Fifth**

MGW Short Throw Shifter: Mustang 2005-2009 Short Throw Shifter

MGW Classic Shift Ball Assembly: Mustang 2005-2009 Short Throw Shifter

**Sixth** (probably will buy one at a time, but will wait to install when I have the full suspension kit so I don't screw up my alignment, etc)

FRPP K-Springs: Ford Racing Mustang K-Springs (05-13 GT) M-5300-K - Free Shipping!

Koni STR.T Shocks and Struts:
2005-09 Mustang Koni STR.T Rear Struts - Pair of 2

J&M Caster Camber Plates:
J&M Mustang 4-Bolt Camber Plates (05-10) 24220 - Free Shipping!

BMR On-car Adjustable DOM Panhard Bar w/ Poly/Rod Ends:
2005 - 2012 Mustang GT | Panhard Rods | PHR013 - Panhard Rod, DOM, On-car Adj, Poly Bushing/Rod End Combo | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis

**Seventh** (may opt for LCAs before these, depending on how much issue I experience w/ wheel hop at this point)

Hot Rod Cams: 2005-10 Mustang GT Ford Racing Hot Rod Cams, M-6550-3V at LRS - Free Shipping!

**Eight**

BMR LCAs w/ Poly/Spherical Ends:
2005 - 2012 Mustang GT | Lower Control Arms | TCA022 - Lower Control Arms, Boxed, DOM, Non-adj, Polyurethane & Spherical Bearing Combo | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis

**Ninth**

TruFiber GT-S Ram Air Hood: 2005-2009 Mustang Tru Fiber GT-S Ram Air Hood

**Tenth**

BMR K-member:
2005 - 2012 Mustang GT | K-Members | KM011 - K-member, 1/2" Lowered Motor Mounts, Standard Rack Mounts | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis

**Eleventh**

BMR Adjustable UCA w/ Poly Bushings:
2005 - 2012 Mustang GT | Upper Control Arms | UTCA019 - Upper Control Arms, DOM, On-car Adjustable, Polyurethane Bushings | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis

BMR UCA Mount:
2005 - 2012 Mustang GT | Upper Control Arms | UCM001 - Upper Control Arm Mount | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis

**Twelth**

SLP line locks: SLP Mustang Line Lock Kit (2007-2009 GT & 2007-2008 GT500) - Installation Instruction M25002 - Free Shipping!

**Thirteenth**

McLeod RXT Street Twin Disk Clutch Kit:
McLeod Racing - RST Twin Disc

**Fourteenth**

Axle Exchange aluminum one piece driveshaft:
Mustang Aluminum One Piece Driveshaft (05-10 GT) MAAT412 - Free Shipping!

**Fifteenth**

Roush Pre-painted Body Kit: 2005-2009 Mustang Roush "Racer" Body Kit - Painted

**Sixteenth**

Eaton Detroit Truetrac Differentials:
Detroit Locker 913A561 - Eaton Detroit Truetrac Differentials - Overview - SummitRacing.com

**Last Pain in the Ass, Kick to the Nuts Part**

Autolite HT0 Spark Plugs: Auto Lite Spark Plugs HTO

Roush TVS R2300 Supercharger Kit:
VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing: ROUSH 2.3L TVS Supercharger kit for 05-10 Mustang GT (6-rib)

As if I wasn't bored enough at work, now I'm starting to think ahead for when my engine is so old and worn it blows up, and what I want to replace it with. I have a pretty confident grasp on the stuff I'm getting up above...but this, it's like I'm back in the 2007 days when I first came here, completely clueless. :dunce: Originally, I was thinking a 5.4, but I didn't know if the SC would port from the old 4.6(if I even get to the SC stage before it dies) to the 5.4, so I set my aim at a 4.6 replacement. This section is very new, and any and all tips / advice are very welcome.

**Post Engine-Fail-From-Old-Age Solution**

Ford Racing 4.6L 3V Aluminator Short Block for Supercharged Applications: Ford Racing 4.6L 3V Aluminator Short Block for Supercharged Applications M-6009-A463SC - Free Shipping!

Needed: 8-bolt flywheel, unknown others

5/07/2012 Update: Originally, I had my heart set on doing a Barricade conversion. I may be veering away from the Barricade idea, or at least if I decide to try and pull it off it won't be until after most everything else. At first I was having doubts thinking about all the time that would be wasted on being pulled over by police officers thinking I'm impersonating them, but after voicing my concern to my friend,(more than once) he specifically talked to some of his law enforcement friends, and they said it should not be an issue here with what I had planned. I'm fairly confident the "impersonation" concern doesn't really hold anymore, but I also really don't want to wait till I have enough for the body kit and center exhaust to complete my exhaust, 'cause that ****'s expensive. At the moment, I've subbed out the Saleen kit with a prepainted(win!) Roush body kit. I'll give it some more serious thought when I get to that stage in construction.

Discuss! :D

(Old) Edit: I just noticed there's a new Projects section, lol...I'll ask to get this moved when I swap the wheels and post pics, I guess? :p

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
cams are going to be totally what you want. just make sure you get sc'er grind cams if you'll be doing a sc'er.

the mcleod is absolutely what i'll be going with when i replace my clutch again. i say this from all the threads about clutches and because of how many people always suggest them. i have a spec 3+ now

this really is a pretty good list. as you already said you don't have to upgrade your rear to a 31 spline, but if you are doing gears you may as well do the diff at the same time with an eaton true-trac or locker. for what you are saying i'd just go with the true-trac

also if you can afford it while you're doing LT's i'd do a k-member at the same time. you already will be supporting the engine and the k-member will take weight off the front and give you more room to work with.

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hmm, very interesting. I'd rep you for the help as always, but still have to spread it around. I'll have to do some K member research, then,(Edit: am I going to want to add A-arms along with the K member?) along with the true-trac. What does the true-trac do? I do recall seeing a few people talking about getting it, but I don't remember what it does. Would the true-trac be instead of the Eaton limited slip diff? What's the benefit of getting the Eaton limited slip diff?

As for the cams, I picked the Hot Rods for the popular sound, along with some added power. I'm not worried about squeezing out a little more power with S/C cams...at least, I say that NOW, haha. :p Can the Hot Rods get a "S/C grind" when the TVS goes in? If so, will that affect the desired lopey idle?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I got a boner when I read your list. I like all your choices, and as a cop I can tell you that painting your car in a black and white color scheme will get you a lot of negative attention. They can't actually cite you for impersonating a LE officer, but you will be known and watched for. Just my 2 cents (i think it would look awesome BTW)

Man, have you added all this up?! I'm assuming this will be a car you keep for a very long time, but you are looking at around 18-20k!!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Hmm, very interesting. I'd rep you for the help as always, but still have to spread it around. I'll have to do some K member research, then, along with the true-trac. What does the true-trac do? I do recall seeing a few people talking getting it, but I don't remember what it does. Would the true-trac be instead of the Eaton limited slip diff? What's the benefit of getting the Eaton limited slip diff?

As for the cams, I picked the Hot Rods for the popular sound, along with some added power. I'm not worried about squeezing out a little more power with S/C cams...at least, I say that NOW, haha. :p Can the Hot Rods get a "S/C grind" when the TVS goes in? If so, will that affect the desired lopey idle?
No, the Hot Rods come only has they are. You can get a lot of the Comp Cams as a blower grind, but if you are not going to be looking for a total all out build then those will get you the sound you are going for. AS for the suspension, i originaly thought in your other thread that you were going for a corner carver with some drag. Seeing now that your for Drag racing i would say rod ends will help, but i dont believe that they will make that much of a difference.

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I got a boner when I read your list. I like all your choices, and as a cop I can tell you that painting your car in a black and white color scheme will get you a lot of negative attention. They can't actually cite you for impersonating a LE officer, but you will be known and watched for. Just my 2 cents (i think it would look awesome BTW)

Man, have you added all this up?! I'm assuming this will be a car you keep for a very long time, but you are looking at around 18-20k!!
Thanks, man! :D Yeah, I figured I'd be getting some attention at the very least just with the black w/ white doors, but, c'mon...it's Barricade! I'm usually pretty civil on the streets, so I'm not too worried. Although I'm sure at that point I'll be getting some trouble with my tint after I stick out like a sore thumb...I'm surprised I haven't, yet, with limo tint + all white car. Still working on getting a quote for the paint job...it's going to be painful. :banghead

Yeah, total tally right now is $22.5k, new parts, lol...with probably a few mod additions, plus whatever ridiculous charge the paint job will be. I'll be keeping this car for a long while. :yes

No, the Hot Rods come only has they are. You can get a lot of the Comp Cams as a blower grind, but if you are not going to be looking for a total all out build then those will get you the sound you are going for. AS for the suspension, i originaly thought in your other thread that you were going for a corner carver with some drag. Seeing now that your for Drag racing i would say rod ends will help, but i dont believe that they will make that much of a difference.
Yeah, mostly DD, but I'll be visiting the drag strip more once I'm not quite so stock-ish, haha. I'd like some suspension for some twisties, though, there's a few roads here in the canyons that are fun for corner hugging. Edit: looks like I'll be looking into rod ends over poly! :lol You have been a great help with my suspension cluelessness, though! :D Again, as with Bob, I'd rep you if I could...silly spreading rule.

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
The list looks good man. Your car will be absolutely sick when its done. As for the Barricade/Eleanor problem, if it was my car, I'd go all out on the Barricade. I wouldn't put transformer emblems and **** on it but I'd absolutely buy a real police light bar for the roof, and have it be nearly an exact replica to the movie car. Light bars are legal as long as you don't use them. OR if you wanted to be really slick, hide some red and blue LED lights behind the grill, behind the air intakes in the Saleen bumper, and have some on the windshield side of your rear view mirror. When they're off, nobody would know but you but you could sure light up the night with them turned on. Sirens would be a plus too. You could get into a hell of a lot of trouble if you got caught but it would be absolutely badass. Just my .02.

If you don't want to do that though, I'd say go get a full Cervini body kit with the side exhausts, paint it all white, and then get some gloss or flat black 8" lemans stripes over the top and front. Then get some GT500 style lower side stripes too in the same shade of black and then I'd want to :love your car. I've never personally seen a white Eleanor so that would be awesome as well.

Regardless of what you do though, I have no doubt your car will be badass. :cool:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Thanks, man! :D Yeah, I figured I'd be getting some attention at the very least just with the black w/ white doors, but, c'mon...it's Barricade! I'm usually pretty civil on the streets, so I'm not too worried. Although I'm sure at that point I'll be getting some trouble with my tint after I stick out like a sore thumb...I'm surprised I haven't, yet, with limo tint + all white car. Still working on getting a quote for the paint job...it's going to be painful. :banghead

Yeah, total tally right now is $21k, new parts, lol...with probably a few mod additions. I'll be keeping this car for a long while. :yes

Yeah, mostly DD, but I'll be visiting the drag strip more once I'm not quite so stock-ish, haha. I'd like some suspension for some twisties, though, there's a few roads here in the canyons that are fun for corner hugging. Edit: looks like I'll be looking into rod ends over poly! :lol You have been a great help with my suspension cluelessness, though! :D Again, as with Bob, I'd rep you if I could...silly spreading rule.

As far as rod ends go, if i were you, I would go with these two over just poly stuff. Both will giv you enough articulation and keep the noise down at the same time. As long as the rod ende is on the axle side it will not be noisy. BMR didnt have this panhard bar out when i got mine or else i wouldve boughten this one.

2005 - 2011 Mustang GT | Panhard Rods | PHR013 - Panhard Rod, DOM, On-car Adj, Poly Bushing/Rod End Combo | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis

2005 - 2011 Mustang GT | Lower Control Arms | TCA022 - Lower Control Arms, Boxed, DOM, Non-adj, Polyurethane & Spherical Bearing Combo | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sweet list, if you keep an eye on ebay or take off websites youll be able to find those brakes pretty cheap- about half price prolly

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The list looks good man. Your car will be absolutely sick when its done. As for the Barricade/Eleanor problem, if it was my car, I'd go all out on the Barricade. I wouldn't put transformer emblems and **** on it but I'd absolutely buy a real police light bar for the roof, and have it be nearly an exact replica to the movie car. Light bars are legal as long as you don't use them. OR if you wanted to be really slick, hide some red and blue LED lights behind the grill, behind the air intakes in the Saleen bumper, and have some on the windshield side of your rear view mirror. When they're off, nobody would know but you but you could sure light up the night with them turned on. Sirens would be a plus too. You could get into a hell of a lot of trouble if you got caught but it would be absolutely badass. Just my .02.

If you don't want to do that though, I'd say go get a full Cervini body kit with the side exhausts, paint it all white, and then get some gloss or flat black 8" lemans stripes over the top and front. Then get some GT500 style lower side stripes too in the same shade of black and then I'd want to :love your car. I've never personally seen a white Eleanor so that would be awesome as well.

Regardless of what you do though, I have no doubt your car will be badass. :cool:
:lmao I don't think I quite have the balls to go all out with the light bar and the ninja cherries and berries. :p Meh, I may add the Decepticon emblem(s) just because it's part of the clone work, and I'm definitely adding the "To Punish and Enslave"! The light bar I'm only ignoring because I'm probably going to get plenty enough attention just with the black w/ white doors paint job...may very well even add the push bar. The light bar will just be asking for law enforcement trouble. :lol

Think I'm going to be saving the body work for after the supercharger. For one thing, it'll probably be cheaper than the body kit plus custom paint work for the entire car, and for another, I don't want to be a mild N/A car with all the works on the outside until I get the supercharger. :p

As far as rod ends go, if i were you, I would go with these two over just poly stuff. Both will giv you enough articulation and keep the noise down at the same time. As long as the rod ende is on the axle side it will not be noisy. BMR didnt have this panhard bar out when i got mine or else i wouldve boughten this one.

2005 - 2011 Mustang GT | Panhard Rods | PHR013 - Panhard Rod, DOM, On-car Adj, Poly Bushing/Rod End Combo | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis

2005 - 2011 Mustang GT | Lower Control Arms | TCA022 - Lower Control Arms, Boxed, DOM, Non-adj, Polyurethane & Spherical Bearing Combo | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis
As always, thank you for all the critiquing and information! :D

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
I say do it. DO it hard ad full on. That list is just sickening and well thought out. The black and white paint job shouldnt get you in trouble. I had a black with white hood, top, and deck lid running around raising hell and not once did I get in troubel for looking like a cop. I did however have people move out of the way when I was coming up quick on their ass. they about **** and moved off. Good luck and keep us updated!

btw the title of your thread caught my eye.

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I say do it. DO it hard ad full on. That list is just sickening and well thought out. The black and white paint job shouldnt get you in trouble. I had a black with white hood, top, and deck lid running around raising hell and not once did I get in troubel for looking like a cop. I did however have people move out of the way when I was coming up quick on their ass. they about **** and moved off. Good luck and keep us updated!

btw the title of your thread caught my eye.
:lmao Outstanding! Maybe that will fix the problem I have with all the slow bastards in my neighborhood insisting on going under the speed limit. :mad:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
:lmao I don't think I quite have the balls to go all out with the light bar and the ninja cherries and berries. :p Meh, I may add the Decepticon emblem(s) just because it's part of the clone work, and I'm definitely adding the "To Punish and Enslave"! The light bar I'm only ignoring because I'm probably going to get plenty enough attention just with the black w/ white doors paint job...may very well even add the push bar. The light bar will just be asking for law enforcement trouble. :lol

Think I'm going to be saving the body work for after the supercharger. For one thing, it'll probably be cheaper than the body kit plus custom paint work for the entire car, and for another, I don't want to be a mild N/A car with all the works on the outside until I get the supercharger. :p

As always, thank you for all the critiquing and information! :D
Yea brother no sweat. If you need any more help with your suspension just shoot me a pm or ask here.

As for the paint and such on the side of your.

In Cali as long as your doors are not PAINTED white, but only a vinly wrap it is legal to have your car like a cops. I have a friedn with an 04 that looks like a cop car, got pulled over for it, went to court for it and won and got the ticket dropped because his doors were vinyl and not painted and can no longer be harrassed for it. Dumb yes, but check out your laws and see wat you can find!

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, that is dumb, lol...most the interceptors I see around here are all white, so maybe it won't be quite as much of a problem, I dunno.

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
:lmao Outstanding! Maybe that will fix the problem I have with all the slow bastards in my neighborhood insisting on going under the speed limit. :mad:
See? If you had lights in the front bumper and behind the intakes, if it was night, just flick them on for a minute and let the people pull over and then turn them off and go around them. :cool:

Like I said though, whatever you do will be badass in the end.

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I don't mean to go all zombie mode, but I thought I'd get some last minute input before I go through with the next phase of Operation Philis. (on a side note, I updated my original post)

5/07/2012 Update: So, now that I actually have a break from school till fall semester starts, I've started to lurk around here more and adjusting my list. Phase 1 is about to take place with wheels, tires and rotors. The 3.73 gears that I bought a while ago are finally going in this weekend probably. I was going to buy some Borla Stingers before the wheels, REALLY want to start changing the exhaust from stock, but the wheels are more of a need than the exhaust atm, as my current rear tires are close to gonzo, and my rear right rotor is slightly grooved from the break pad being worn to the caliper a little while ago.

I've altered the list into phases, bunching them up as I buy them on my CC and pay it off before I start the next phase.(don't have a huge limit to keep me out of too much trouble ;) )

**Phase 1**

Wheels:
Black Faleen 7-spoke 20x9 x2:
Black S197 Mustang Saleen Style Wheel 20x9 (05-13 All) - Free Shipping!
Black Faleen 7-spoke 20x10 x2:
Black S197 Mustang Saleen Style Wheel 20x10 (05-13 All) - Free Shipping!

Black 6 Spline Lug Nuts:
Black Mustang Six Spline Lug Nuts - Free Shipping at - Free Shipping!

Tires:
Nitto NT05s 315/35/20 x2:
NT05 - OnlineTires.com
Nitto NT555s 255/35/20 x2:
NT555 - OnlineTires.com

Power Slot slotted rotors, front and back: Mustang Products: StopTech big brake kits, tires
Originally I was getting the replica wheels through Cruizin Concepts, but now AM has their own, and they offer the MM member discount, so I switched to them.

I don't remember who recommended Zeckhausen for the rotors, it's been a while since I first saved the website link.

One question I did have regarding the Black Acorn locks: there's four per package, not five. Do I buy four and just use four per wheel instead of five? Or do I get a fifth package and add one to each wheel? Are the locks package specific, or will one lock work for all of them since they're the same type? I haven't used these before.

·
10,234 Posts
either get 5 sets or get 4 and also buy a set of locks.

are you asking about big brakes or do you just want to upgrade your stock brakes. personally i'll just upgrade my stockers

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
either get 5 sets or get 4 and also buy a set of locks.

are you asking about big brakes or do you just want to upgrade your stock brakes. personally i'll just upgrade my stockers
One link is to a set of 20 black lug nuts, and the other link above that is the link to the locks, but one order contains four locks, rather than five.

Brakes I haven't settled any plans on as of yet, right now I'm just upgrading to slotted rotors, since I need to replace the grooved stock rotor anyway.

·
10,234 Posts
ah got it. each wheel should have 4 lug nuts and one lock. fyi though it's super easy to remove the locks if someone wants to steel the wheels. all they need is a hammer and a socket to fit over the lock and it will come right off. all it will cost the thief is 4 sockets

i'll probably be going with this for a brake upgrade front and rear

Search results for: 'mustang stage 2'

1 - 20 of 32 Posts