Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasted 100 on the billet 1/2 plenum spacer and without a doubt with other bolt ons or cai, exhaust, and cleaning the throttlebody, I definitely without a doubt noticed a performance increase better throttle response and better torque low to medium high rpm's. So I wouldn't believe everything that's said on here. Because I felt the difference rite from sitting in my seat. Yeah it's not going to be this huge drastic difference. But it still made a very noticeable difference and I would buy one if you are questioning it. Look at the act runner nearly any gains from that $400 a wack unless you buy a tune or get your car dyno tuned. Long story short. I believed that I wasted my money on an ict plenum intake spacer and boy was I surprised. Buy it and with other bolt ons you won't be wasting your money. And that's all I have to say about that. Also not to mention that tomoro I'll be getting my accufab 70mm throttlebody to add to that. Stay tuned for the next bolt on update. And with the combination of the two. We. Shall see how she runs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE WITH THROTTLEBODY

Oh my god ! What a difference with the throttlebody duel 70mm tb combined with spacer I've been having issues here and there with the tps sensor and iac a few codes popped up but I just go to advanced check the code and boom erase .. so factory the car has 24lb injectors now when I floored it it fell on its face at around 3500 rpm so did a little research and disconnected the vaccume line to the fuel pressure regulator and holy **** did this car wake up my question here now is I should buy an aftermarket FPR and prob get it dyno tuned just so I know I'm not gonna grenade the motor. IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE IN THIS AREA PLEASE LET ME KNOW. but so far other than the few little kinks she's a beast. Next stop. LT HEADERS

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
It’s been DYNO PROVEN that intake spacers don’t work. They worked on carb’d motors but not fuel injected motors. Hey it’s your car though.

What year is your car? Only the 98- had fuel pressure regulators. If it does have one you can get an aeromotive brand fpr otherwise stock. It’s not like the foxbody days where adjusting fuel pressure was necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So Its a 2004 and has what looks like and electronic fpr disconnected the vaccine hose and it's been pretty good Soo far but now I'm assuming that I'm running 24lbs all the time from ide to wot so I haven't really found a for that is below 35 -40 psi operating pressure so I dunno should I get bigger injectors and then just adjust them down that way to you know 25-30. I dunno kinda stuck.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
That’s a fuel rail pressure sensor. It adjusts fuel pressure to account for pressure drop. It’s best to hook it back up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok but when it plugged back in and mash the throttle it falls on its face at around 3500 rpm I only have the spacer which worked fine after install then the accufab duel 70mm install that's when it started doing that. Why what is the function for that sensor. Cause I think it's just running the full 24lbs all the time now I could be wrong. Tho. What's ur suggestion take it to a tuner ?

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Yeah because it has no vacuum reference so it dumps fuel. My suggestion is to replace the sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts