Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I wrecked my gt last friday in the Ice nad have a bad feeling that my Insurance is going to total it out.... So Im looking at getting a new Stang if mine realy is done for.

I found a 200 SVT Cobra with 30K miles on her for 14000. It has the cobra front bumper, and the Cobra R high rise spoiler on it, as well as what look like early model chrome Cobra rims... Is there any sure fire way to tell if some one diddnt just do a 4V swap and rebadge? I ask because things just look a bit odd with this car...

I have almost gotten my wife to say ok tome trying to get it if my GT is done, but I have questions about its legitimcy. if it is a rebadged GT I want to know so Iknow to ripthe snakes off, cant stant rebadging...

I havent actually gone to see it in person yet, but if I do go look at it this weekend I would love to know what Im loking for...

let me see if I can get a couple pics of it up....

Ok, so what do you guys think? she look real? or is she a fake?

if I do manage to get her I will have to get different rims and lower it ASAP!! and some o the interior billet pieces will go by-by.. and the wing is gonna go flying off into my local junk yard... but otherwise...

thoughts?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
look at the pony emblem in the grill... its a faker

it also has a 03/04 front bumper... along with a cobra r wing... its all messed up.

pony emblem + termi front bumper + 2001 cobra bumper = a fobra

you can also tell if its a rebadged gt if its a 5 speed. All cobras have 6 speeds.

·
Registered
192 Posts
look at the pony emblem in the grill... its a faker

it also has a 03/04 front bumper... along with a cobra r wing... its all messed up.

pony emblem + termi front bumper + 2001 cobra bumper = a fobra

you can also tell if its a rebadged gt if its a 5 speed. All cobras have 6 speeds.

It has the 01 front. maybe they just decided to change the the grill insert and put a pony in it. It has the 4valve motor etc.looks to be a cobra to me just with the r wing and some subtle changes\.The taillights are cobra,brakes,sidescoops,headrest etc. Also not all cobras are 6 speeds,only the 2003,2004.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
It has the 01 front. maybe they just decided to change the the grill insert and put a pony in it. It has the 4valve motor etc.looks to be a cobra to me just with the r wing and some subtle changes.The taillights are cobra,brakes,sidescoops,headrest etc. Also not all cobras are 6 speeds,only the 2003,2004.
yeah, ur right on the bumper.

Its really really hard to tell by that angle.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
no, the bumber is for a 99/01, but the brakes are from a gt??? just ask for the title it should say what it is on it. and the pony badge is how 99s come i dont know about 01s. does it have and irs? the steering wheel should say cobra on it.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
oh and 99/01 are 5 speed not 6, they only made a couple of 2000 cobra and their in australia, i think, so someone would of have to brought one from over their. i think they swap the engine.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
lots of mis information in here.

first off cobra's didnt come with a cobra grill emblem, they came with a horse, and people change it out to the snake.

second, the only 2000 cobra they made was the cobra R, there was 300 produced, and the is definently not a R. in 2002 100 cobra's were made, all were RHD, and sent to australia.

that appears to be a mineral grey 01 cobra to me, if somebody did to a clone, they did EVERYTHING which people typically do not do. its probably a safe bet that its a real cobra.

get the VIN# and call 1-800-FORD-SVT and give them the last 6, and they will tell you

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
you could also look under to see if it has an IRS or Solid Axle
lots of people also swap for a solid axle, especially amongst the 99/01 guys where every pound counts. but seeing as that was is stock looking, i would say it probably does have a IRS

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
yeah there is so much misinfo on this thread. Guys before you answer a question on here be sure your right. Read and look up info before you post. Not all cobra's have 6 speeds there buddy. And learn the difference between a 03-04 cobra bumper and the 99,01 cobra bumper. And all that car is a 01 cobra with gay ass chrome 2000 cobra r rims, and 2000 cobra r wing. And R3dfrye look up some info on cars before posting also, you can look up the difference between different year cars and what they come with. So you don't look stupid trying to think its a 2000 cobra R which only 300 were made. Plus the 2000 came with a 5.4, didn't come in that color for sure, interior is all race, didn't come with chrome wheels. and pretty much will cost you over 50k

1 - 20 of 110 Posts