Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up! so I bought my first Mustang this last summer. 1967 I6 200. Only has 33,600 original miles on it! Pretty happy with it! Did some tune-ups on it replacing all the plugs and harnesses. Now that its winter time in Utah....ive parked it and began to rip it apart for some rebuilding. Rebuilding the head and doin some other work to it. Just wondering though what are the best ways to get some HP boosts outta it to beef it up. I was toying with the idea of swapping for a bigger v-8....but having only 33,000 miles on it...and most of the car being original stuff...i definitely wanna keep it original! but at the same time i wanna get that puppy roarin as much as i can for the lil' I6 200! Thanks for the ideas! Also if anybody else on here is from Utah..let me know! we'll get some cruises set up when the warm weather starts to come back! Thanks everyone! happy holidays!

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
racing stripes pew pew

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
first thing to do is throw the 200 head in the trash.get a head off a 76 granada 250 engine.get with classic inlines and get a cam and 2 barrel adapter.go to auto store and get a 500 holley 2 barrel carb.also get a duel header from classic inline.put all that together and back it up with a t-5 five speed.you are then ready to rock and roll.if you need anything else just holler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts