Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This my first attempt on a sig creation, any ideas?
Had to drop to 128 colors to keep in the size specs we have to use. :(

I am looking to try to keep the photos intack better. all the photos are in 72 dpi

Here it is in 256 color and 128k size

below is 128 color 92k

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Not bad at all for your first one. So... what color IS the car? :lmao

My only critique would be the quality of the image. It is a GIF, and they are normally lower quality so its not really anything you did wrong. Theres alot of noise in the image (specs, like white noise from a tv) that takes away from the clarity. However again, you can't really get away from that with a GIF unless you can make it a large size (memory wise).

Other than that it looks good. At this point you just need to learn some effects and techniques.

Good-Tutorials - Photoshop Tutorials

Check out that site for alot of tutorials and ideas :D

·
What's this Photoshop?
2,426 Posts
Looks good. Like Zat said, the size of the gif file affects the quality of the image. I really don't like gif, but for animation you don't have much choice. I'd be curious to see the original to see if the gif export caused all the noise in the pics, or if more dpi would help.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts

·
What's this Photoshop?
2,426 Posts
That is too bad, that's some nice pictures. Not much you can do then with the quality, but the design and concept is nice.

I tried using a swf file for a sig just to see, but as I expected it failed.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
One other thing; On the green one, there is a sharp cut off edge of the car at the top left. Personally I like to avoid sharp edges like that. Could use the eraser tool to blend it, or a gradient.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.