Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put a 91 5.0 in my boat and i am having problems with idle. it doesnt idle and it runs real rough. i pulled codes and heres what came up. 31,67,81,82,84,85. i am not running smog equipment so i know that 31,84,85 are issues. 67 is nuetral safety. does this affect the way the engine runs? is my IAC bad? i bought it brand new, can i test it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
running it carbed would be my last bet. but i like the idea of fuel injection. i want this engine to be more efficient. plus fuel injection in a boat like mine is unheard of.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
you might try cleaning the IAC with some throttle body cleaner

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry, just reread your post. It's a new Iac valve. Put 12vdc to it, and test your old one. It should open and close normally. If not, clean it up and spray some carb cleaner in it. If it works, keep going forward. What else have you done to it lately?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
how did you hook all the vacuum lines up.....cus in our cars if the vacuum lines break or leak the idle is terrible

·
Registered
193 Posts
i put a 91 5.0 in my boat and i am having problems with idle. it doesnt idle and it runs real rough. i pulled codes and heres what came up. 31,67,81,82,84,85. i am not running smog equipment so i know that 31,84,85 are issues. 67 is nuetral safety. does this affect the way the engine runs? is my IAC bad? i bought it brand new, can i test it?
are the back of the heads plugged where the smog equipment went?

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
^... is every hole plugged where the smog stuff went. I also have to second that statement a few above about checking vac lines. I'd go ahead and replace all vac hoses so you will have fresh new lines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts