Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys thanks for the help

here is the problem

i start the car up drive it around for a bit no problem. then after a bit of a drive every time i stop for a red light or i stop or after i let off the gas the rpm starts to bounce. it drops down to 500 back to 1000 back down to 500 it does this 3 times after every time i stop. feels like it going to shut off on me.:(:sorry

the engine is stock except for a k&n cold air

·
Registered
18 Posts
sounds like the idle air control valve is clogged. you can take it off and clean it out using carb cleaner or replace it. or you can have a problem with your spark wires or plugs, or O2 sensors. is it throwing a check engine code?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Try cleaning the IAC and let us know how that works.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
spark wires

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
tune-up time

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Im getting the same issues. I think my E3 plugs are bad.
the brand new ones? ouch

man, could be any number of things and I kind of have the same problem

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
i had the same problem a few months ago
turns out its something in the egr system, car sounded like **** and i ****, you could hear the exhaust purgin up and down then like you said stop at a light the rpm's would surge up and down, up and down, all i did was let it run and checked a few things then pulled the vacuum line from the egr valve and it stopped instantly. So try that, the bad thing is i never narrowed it down yet cause there's like 2 sensors the control the egr valve and never got a cel light, so might be the valve itself if u have a tuner turn the egr off bad thing is ****in exhaust really reeks now, hope it helps.
Also if it sounds like the valve is rattling when the car is running 99% chance thats it cause mine sounded like a baby rattle lol

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i cleaned almost every thing ...and it stoped i even did an oil change monday im going to change the plugs and wires for the hell of it i didnt know what the problem was though ....and yea my exhuast stinks ...y is that?

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Ive had the plugs for like 2 months but Ive had issues with them from the start. One of them shorted the 2nd day I had them. I think im going to switch to the NGK or whatever plugs. I'll let you know if that fixes it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts