Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too long ago I decided to order an CAI/tune from Brenspeed. After getting it and installing it the first tune I tried was 91 octane ( a few pumps around me carry it so I said WTH) and it ran like a champ. Then I decided to drain the tank and try the 93 tune.

CRAP. The rpms are unstable at idle, the car throttles up poorly, when you clutch the rps drop kills the car or when you rev the rpms also drop and kill the car. I'm fairly certain the tune is just bad (no big deal I suppose, call/email brenspeed and they send me a new one right?)

Now I've decided that I should try the 87 octane tune to be sure if this one is good or not. This time I drained the tank down to about a gallon left and filled it up and threw on the new tune.

The power is there, the tune was a bit rough to break in, I credit that IMHO to having too much 91 octane fuel left in the tank, but after it was broken in the rpms are fine on acceleration, I don't notice any drops below 650 rpm if I clutch and hold it at any point, BUT....

When I idle the car idles around 650-750 rpm. The needle jumps up and down a little bit and on a random occasion or two, jumps to 1k rpm and then back down.

Is this normal? Is it the tune? Is it going to hurt my car driving it around with a possibly bad tune? I'd like to figure it out before I ask Brenspeed to send me a new 93 tune because if its off then they can redo both at the same time.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
its the tune. call up brenspeed and let them know of your idle issue, they will correct the tune.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts