Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well about 2 months ago my idle started rising up and down from 500 to 1000 when i stoped. It progresivly got worse until it got to the pont where id let of the gas and it would keep going like it was on cruise. so i figured it was the idle air control valve. i replaced that about a month ago and all was well for a couple weeks now its starting to do it again. someone suggested seafoam so i tried that and that worked for about 5 days. what should i do? :confused:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
when did you last clean your air filter? not sure thats it but it could be a possibility. the connection to the IAC could be shorting maybe

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill check the connection and the air filter looked pretty clean when i had it out about 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
If the MAF is not pluged in or not working the computer can not read the air coming into the motor so the computer Dumps more fuel just to be safe and it can cause this to happen.My own car did that when i forget to plug in the MAF after the JLT install.

Just something else for you to look into...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ha i just checked the maf sensor and it was pluged but then i started checking around that area and found a tube unplugged. put that back in and now the cars idling perfect.

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
:D dontcha love that feeling of driving a fixed car

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Don't ya love it when you hit the nail on the head and figure it out for somebody? Kinda makes you feel good.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
So true. Figuring out our own messes is always so much worse than helping someone else out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts