Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first off i noticed a quiet, yet irritating squeek at idle or at low rpm that kind of gets louder and quieter as it pleases. The belt is fine, i put a bar of soap on the belt to check but the squeek was still there. So it must be the bearing right? A new idler is only like $40 at a local parts store but i would rather pay like 6 bucks for just the bearing and install it myself. So my question is, where the heck can you find just the bearing? i hear this is pretty common, has anyone had success fixing this without paying for a whole new idler?

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Never had that problem. Maybe the stealership can get just the bearing. Or maybe a bearing store like Motor Bearings And Parts.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
good luck on finding just bearing and you will need more luck to get the bearing out and back in without damage to the idler. personally, i recommend paying the $40 bucks or so for the idler and have it swapped in a few minutes.

·
Registered
437 Posts
the pulley just comes with the bearing. i went to my local part store last Saturday and got 2 new pulleys and a new belt. it was around 70 for everything. your lucky it is only squeaking, the 2 pulleys that i replaced were grinding so bad, people would think it was going to blow up. now its perfect :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I read taking one apart is easy as pie once the belt is off but im going to go buy the whole idler when i got the time to throw it on. Thanks for the comments guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts