Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
either my idler pulley or belt tensioner is going out and it's making my car sound like i have a blower on it, lol
been asked quite a few times if my car is supercharged :tomato

[ame=http://s903.photobucket.com/albums/ac234/Destination420/?action=view&current=20091017143125.flv]
[/ame]

what you guys think it could be? gonna replace both anyways.

·
Registered
978 Posts
"ummm.........excuse me sir.............but is your car supercharged???" ;)

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Unless the bearings are **** in your idler pulley then it's your tensioner. Pop the belt off and spin the idler. Either that or just see how tight the belt is, if it's semi-loose then it's your tensioner.

On a side note, if you're replacing both anyway who cares which one it is!! :p

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Oh yeah, while you're in there you should snap some pics of the tensioner and post them up here. I have a sneaking suspicion that mine was replaced at one point with an incorrect unit.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unless the bearings are **** in your idler pulley then it's your tensioner. Pop the belt off and spin the idler. Either that or just see how tight the belt is, if it's semi-loose then it's your tensioner.

On a side note, if you're replacing both anyway who cares which one it is!!
IDK, just seemed easier to swap out both

Oh yeah, while you're in there you should snap some pics of the tensioner and post them up here. I have a sneaking suspicion that mine was replaced at one point with an incorrect unit.
i'll take some for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.