Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 99 Mustang GT. When the car is cold its fine, but when it warms up the rpms stay up between shifts and when coming to a stop they drop to 1500 then drop down to normal after about 3 seconds, same when I rev the car up it takes a little while to decrease in RPMS.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Mine did the same thing when I installed my Accufab TB+Plenum. It idled way high like 1300rpm and when u pressed the clutch in it went to 1500... I didn't kno wat to do about it so I took it to a shop and had the idle adjusted.

·
Registered
978 Posts
yeah just get your idle adjusted and that should fix your prob. :) mine did the same thing after my T/B & upper plenum install. took it to the shop took'em like 2 min and she was right as rain again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine did the same thing when I installed my Accufab TB+Plenum. It idled way high like 1300rpm and when u pressed the clutch in it went to 1500... I didn't kno wat to do about it so I took it to a shop and had the idle adjusted.
The idle is fine (950rpms), the RPM's sorta hang between shifts and before coming to a stop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.