Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which i will

what would be a good counter mod be to keep gas the same?
CAI? longtubes? anything that makes it breathe better correct?

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
which i will

what would be a good counter mod be to keep gas the same?
CAI? longtubes? anything that makes it breathe better correct?
Yes, a CAI & tune will add a little mpg under normal driving conditions.

4.10's by themselves do not reduce you mpg unless you are driving the car hard. Under normal driving, particularly in town, they can actually give you slightly better mpg, as because gears are a torque multiplier, they actually make it easier for your engine to get the car rolling and to keep it rolling.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Yeah! I noticed that 4:10's seemed to make my foot heavier for some reason! LOL!

John

·
Registered
400 Posts
yeah i have loud exhaust and got a street racing ticket because of it. i was just accelerating normal (which is loud) but still i wasnt going fast at all. he just heard me. i got it reduced to speeding but its still a bs ticket for not doing anything. it cost $1,000

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
believe it or not, when i had the 4.10 i actually got better gas mileage then before. and when i got pullies on my gt the gas mileage went up then also. driving style also makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
20 Posts
not a big difference.... i went from 3.73's to 4.10's... at 60 mph i was at 2k rpm with the 3.73's and with the 4.10's im running about 2200 to 2250rpm at 60mph

1 - 17 of 17 Posts