Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could trade in your GT and pay the extra cash for a Termi...would you? I'm just curious what most of you think. I LOVE them, but at the same time I find it hard to part with my GT, and who doesn't like making their 2v a beast?! :)

I'm not gonna lie; this thought has crossed my mind several times, but it always comes back to me, sticking with my Mustang. :eek:

I have about 171,000kms on my car...I can't give up hope. I gotta keep building.. :D

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I'd give up my gt so fast the car wouldn't know what happend...lol but I actually plan on paying my gt off and buying a termi and keeping the gt

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've debated it, and I'd like to trade in my GT for a Termi next summer...but I'm not sure...:(

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
If i could afford to i would keep the GT and pick up the termi...if a smokin hot deal came along on a termi though....the 'ol GT would be findin a new home :( lol

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
If you're going to want a Termi do it now. Spring/Summer time the value of the Termi will increase a little. It's how most nicer/sport cars work...it's soon to be winter, and the value of them is very low right now. I can't say the same as I won't know what they'll be in the spring/summer time.

:2cents

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you're going to want a Termi do it now. Spring/Summer time the value of the Termi will increase a little. It's how most nicer/sport cars work...it's soon to be winter, and the value of them is very low right now. I can't say the same as I won't know what they'll be in the spring/summer time.

:2cents
I could also look into cobra's that are a bit older.... hmmmmm

I'm starting to like the idea of this.. but nothing is for sure. I love the GT, I doubt I'll part ways with it.. but anything can happen. I'll look around .

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I'd even trade for a 01 cobra... I'm just after the built lower end irs and 4v engine

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
this thought has crossed my mind on several occasions aswell. its been very difficult to get my head around parting with my GT, but i may still do it, just havent found the right cobra yet, and if you have made up your mind, as lefty said, now is the best time to start looking

·
Registered
374 Posts
NO way in hell i love termi's but i love my gt more. The thing i love about gt's is everybody expects a termi to have atleast 600 rwhp or more a gt with that power is not expected to you suprise the hell out of people when you have a gt like that that is still a 281 2v. But i likem all alot. Not to mention have you ever looked at cams for the dohc 4v's DAMN.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
FYI...

Only cars with the built bottom end are the 03/04 Cobra's.

·
2009 ROTY
5,646 Posts
NO way in hell i love termi's but i love my gt more. The thing i love about gt's is everybody expects a termi to have atleast 600 rwhp or more a gt with that power is not expected to you suprise the hell out of people when you have a gt like that that is still a 281 2v. But i likem all alot. Not to mention have you ever looked at cams for the dohc 4v's DAMN.
and this is why i love my eaton powered terminator. nothing like spankin those cars makin 600+ because they cannot hook up because they blew all thier money on that whipple/kenne bell. ;)

btw- who needs cams? i run bottom 11's with my slow ass ported eaton. ;) :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
and this is why i love my eaton powered terminator. nothing like spankin those cars makin 600+ because they cannot hook up because they blew all thier money on that whipple/kenne bell. ;)

btw- who needs cams? i run bottom 11's with my slow ass ported eaton. ;) :)
lol i'd bet that you gotta pull a pretty bad ass 60' to do it, all im doing is a rotating assembly ported heads mph blower cams then im gonna turn my blower up to 14-16 psi, should make plenty of power and still hook on the road!

·
2009 ROTY
5,646 Posts
nothing too crazy. i stay consistantly in the 1.5-1.6 range. i have a friend with a mach 1 sprayin a 100 shot at 1200 psi, and he 1.4 60's on me all the time, and i freight train around him on the big end. always pisses him off! :lol

my car just makes reliable power, and even without powershifting i trap 127-129 all day long. ;)

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
id pass on a termie, however if someone wanted to spot me the price difference between my car and a termie, id take it and be very happy with what I do to my car.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
no because i got ****ed on the interest on my stang so i'll have paid entirely too much for it in the end. i'll just build it and be done.

·
Registered
374 Posts
nothing too crazy. i stay consistantly in the 1.5-1.6 range. i have a friend with a mach 1 sprayin a 100 shot at 1200 psi, and he 1.4 60's on me all the time, and i freight train around him on the big end. always pisses him off! :lol

my car just makes reliable power, and even without powershifting i trap 127-129 all day long. ;)
that kinda trap damn your deffinately making alot of power. 1.5 1.6 is great i pull 1.9's and 1.8's i got some 1.8's in darlington sc car went 11.8 at 115 mph. DAMN if they run that good with the stock blower ported and pulley'd up why the hell do people even buy the kb's and whipples? good lord i'd say your hp is around 500 give or take a little.

·
2009 ROTY
5,646 Posts
because adding those blowers really makes the HP numbers jump a ton. not gonna lie, i have ridden in a few cars with them, and they are just nuts. but the vast amount of people don't build the suspension to match the power. thats why to me making my ported eaton car run a number is similar to a gt dude running a number like a cobra does. and yes, i make 520rwhp. nothing crazy, but plenty of fun. and honestly, on the street its too much as it is. oh, don't think i threw it in there, but i have an SRA in my car. but still, nothing super radical or too spendy. just the right parts and some good driving. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts