Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a 90 LX that is going to be used for the track only. As the title implies I want to do away with my key and put the ignition on a toggle switch. I already have the starter on the button. I was hoping to be able to just cut the wires for the ignition and the fuel pump right near the key then run them to relays and fuses. Which wires do I need to cut? Thanks alot.

Mark

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
If i'm not mistaken, you need the green/red wire at the ignition harness. This should power up ev erything you need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so the green/red wire is for the ignition so which one is for the fuel pump? Or does the green/red do both? I was hoping to be able to seperate the two systems. Thanks Bullitt. I appriciate it.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
It does both, but you could use a separate run for the fuel pump if you want. Just look for the wire at the inertia cut off switch (in the back of the car) that comes from the front for the color. You could even run a new wire to that switch (I would keep it in tact for safety) just use an apropriate guage wire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts