Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... Two yrs ago i had a problem starting my 95 gt one day. The started would just click so i messed with my ground on the block. seemed to fix it untill now.... Last night i drove to my friends and shut it off, got back in 10 min later and it wouldnt start. THe relay would click once but nothin so i messed with the ground and wiggled a few wires and it started. Then today i drove it again and when i went to head back home it did the same thing.. had to push start it. I took the block ground off and cleaned it but nothing. now that its home it will engage the starter but it just clicks away. I really need some help. It has an accel 300 ignition system

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well it must just not like cold weather cuz after clicking for about 5 sec today it started and now it starts with no trouble

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
i would check all your connections anyway and also check to see if there are any breaks in the wires.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its gotta b a bad ground or wire somewhere cuz it doing it again... idk why it only does it when its cold outside. When i first start driving when i let off the gas my electrical system will freak out... the battery light will come on and off and lights dim but if i accelerate it stops... anybody have any idea of where i should be looking? any help at all would be greatly appreciated guys.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
what you can do is to start your car and start pulling on wire bundles inside your compartment to see if it does anything. if it does then you know the vicinity of where it is at.
Think of it like this, when you are driving everything is being moved, pushed, or pulled in some sort of manner. if you have a break in a wire or a loose connection its possible that it is being pushed together making contact when you are driving and then when you let off everything relaxes thus coming back apart if not a solid connection or has a break.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,428 Posts
what you can do is to start your car and start pulling on wire bundles inside your compartment to see if it does anything. if it does then you know the vicinity of where it is at.
Think of it like this, when you are driving everything is being moved, pushed, or pulled in some sort of manner. if you have a break in a wire or a loose connection its possible that it is being pushed together making contact when you are driving and then when you let off everything relaxes thus coming back apart if not a solid connection or has a break.
Good post but make sure you're wearing rubber gloves when you start wiggling wires around or it could end up being a shocking experience. :yes

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Good post but make sure you're wearing rubber gloves when you start wiggling wires around or it could end up being a shocking experience. :yes
:yes i did overlook that part, good catch and thank you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok ill try and see what i find... thanks for the good advice...... also i finally got it to start but all my lights kind of surge and my voltage needle bounces a lil :confused:

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Probably the ground but it could also be a dead cell in your battery, or a cell that is going bad. Only reason I think that is because you say it happens more when its cold. Its worth checking into.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Dead cell but if your probs are changing under acceleration/idle then take a look at wires on your alternator also. You may have a ground wire that is stripped somewhere and it's arcing, so it won't necessarily be at the point where the ground is bolted down.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just put a new battery in two months ago

1 - 12 of 12 Posts