Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to upgrade my ignition a little bit to improve HP and MPG:
spark plugs, spark plug wires and a new coil pack.

Right now everything is stock. I'll upgrading all three eventually, but right now I only have enough money to upgrade one or two of them.

I'm still pretty new to working on cars, so I don't really know what brands and types are best. After reading a few reviews here and there I'm looking at getting these:
Coil Pack
Spark Plug Wires
I honestly have no clue where to begin with the actual spark plugs.

So anyway, I have about $100_$130 to spend on upgrades right now, what do you guys recommend I go for first?

Thanks,
Indybird

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I would just save up and get it all done at the same time. and i cant inform you about that coil or those wires, but i have a screamin demon coil and msd wires with ngk tr55s spark plugs and upon chaning all the stock parts with 50k miles on them for those parts i noticed a slight increase in power, and i let my friend drive it and he also noticed it was a little faster. after the first 2 tanks of gas ;) my gas mileage improved by about 1/2-1 mpg.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Save your money period..none of these will gain HP. Factory coil pack is fine. The only thing that might need upgrading is if your wires are getting old and need to be changed anyway. Then I would get some Ford Racing wires or something along that line. I am still on factory coil pack with zero problems. and use factory recommended spark plug specs until you are forced induction.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Save your money period..none of these will gain HP. Factory coil pack is fine. The only thing that might need upgrading is if your wires are getting old and need to be changed anyway. Then I would get some Ford Racing wires or something along that line. I am still on factory coil pack with zero problems. and use factory recommended spark plug specs until you are forced induction.
have you replaced a factory one with another factory one? it may be just the new parts restoring power lost from older parts, but i can assure you my car was faster after doing this (50,000 miles on old parts).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts