Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know its kinda stupid but its little things that bother me. according to motor trend this was a standard feature. (but then again it also says power rear windows) was this a standard feature? my lights dont go on when i open the doors. if it is how can i fix it? if not what can a buy to get it?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
mine do? put i may be bc i have an aftermarket alarm system

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
mine does both lol my fogs and blinker lights come one when i unlock it and stay on for 30 sec

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
if the lights don't come on in the interior when you open the door, do they come on at all? if they don't come on at all, my bet would be to check the fuses (your manual has a detailed breakdown of which fuses for what, etc), if they do come on w/ the headlight knob or switch on the dome light then i would check the door jamb switches.. good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the lights do come one when i use the switch on the light. that switch only has 2 positions on or off. most cars ive been in half on/off/only on when doors are open. are all the switches like that? i bought the car used and it didnt have the manual so i guess ill have to dig around for diagrams and stuff to check the fuses

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
the lights do come one when i use the switch on the light. that switch only has 2 positions on or off. most cars ive been in half on/off/only on when doors are open. are all the switches like that? i bought the car used and it didnt have the manual so i guess ill have to dig around for diagrams and stuff to check the fuses
there is one more light in the center of those two. it is the one that illuminates when you enter the vehicle. turn your headlight knob all the way until it kinda clicks and then won't turn anymore if you're inside the vehicle with the doors closed and you do this it should turn the center light on in your dome light. if it doesn't check the bulb and fuses here's your manual :cool: http://www.analogstereo.com/pdf/om/mustang_owners_manual_1999.pdf good luck

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
im guessing its a fuse thing because the lights dont go on when i turn the knob all the way. thanks a lot for the manual though
should i replace the fuse for the lights (that still work) or do you think its a different one?
it could also be the bulb. i doubt that there is a separate fuse for that single bulb in the dome light. pop off the cover and take a look at that bulb and also the ballast that it fits into and see if anything looks funny, like a bad connection or burn marks in the bulb, etc, good luck man

·
Registered
139 Posts
it's all on 1 fuze (the auto dome light and the other 2). if the fuze had blown, none of them would work. i have that problem now on my '02, think i'm gonna have to replace the passenger door latch/dome light trigger...

i'd check the bulb too

·
Registered
139 Posts
yah...new bulb shouldn't cost more than $3 from like autozone or someplace like that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think Bambi's safe.....jfwy.

·
Registered
139 Posts
woohoo HUAH for interior mods! lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts