Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. Its my new car. Red ia nearly impossible to get imperfections to show on camera so these are all after shots. This is also without wax. Just polishing.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Working on it. Work schedule has me all messed up and I'm only able to do about 2 panels a day. I was only able to get the fenders tonight. This clear coat is as hard if not harder than the Lamborghini I detailed. It's ****ing retarded. 4 passes with the rotary and wool with M105 at 1800rpm is what it's taking a few spots. Most of the time 2-3 passes. After that though, it's easy stuff.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Between rail dust and the dealership detailers. It was transported originally via rail. The pic of my clay bar is distgusting.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Nice pics Zinc I corrected a rear spoiler on a red 2011 5.0 GT/CS a while back that had holograms from the dealerships "detailers" trying to remove a small scratch from it. The clear was very hard, just as hard or harder than my 2010 Mercedes ML 350.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,737 Posts
Yes. Its my new car. Red ia nearly impossible to get imperfections to show on camera so these are all after shots. This is also without wax. Just polishing.
Tell me about it! Gratz on the new car man.

how did so many swirls get on a brand new car?
Companies detail the cars before they go onto the lot. These "detailers" sacrafice perfection for time. 90% of customers will not think about or even notice swirls. They use maybe one polish, not two, and slap on a cheap bulk priced wax quickly and with the same pads/applicators they used on the past 5 cars before cleaning them.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, there was a ton of filler crap on the paint. After two washes with a heavy concetration mixture of Dawn, the real paint finally came out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts