Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gonna try to spin it harder with a few more mods but after researching the P1. I see its pretty much done around 475-500 rwhp. Im making about 440rwhp at 12 psi with a 3.0 pulley on a dyno dynamics which reads lower anyways. This is on 91 octane with a very safe tune at 11.2 AFR. So i added a Meth injection kit spraying it right before my IAT sensor. I was gonna add LT's but i decided to keep the shorties and see how much power i can make with the D1 and the small pulley hoping to make 14-16 psi, meth injection and a more aggressive tune. :)

Heres a pic of the trunk mounted Meth kit.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Nice man should be a good setup!

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Yes, a P1SC did make 518 rwhp @ 9 psi but then it was pretty done. There is nothing in your garage. What intercooler do you have? Are you running an overdrive pulley? What is your compression ratio? Do you have an offroad mid-pipe with those shorties?

Maybe its just me but I would think that 437 rwhp running 12 psi and cams is leaving something on the table. Regardless, I think you are going to like the D1SC.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, a P1SC did make 518 rwhp @ 9 psi but then it was pretty done. There is nothing in your garage. What intercooler do you have? Are you running an overdrive pulley? What is your compression ratio? Do you have an offroad mid-pipe with those shorties?

Maybe its just me but I would think that 437 rwhp running 12 psi and cams is leaving something on the table. Regardless, I think you are going to like the D1SC.
Stock balancer. Very conservative tune from what i was told. 2 core IC. Compression around 9:1 and off road x pipe. I was going to install my BBK LT's but i decided to sell them and see what this thing makes with the shorties first. I'm not really concern with the 437rwhp reading right now. Car went almost 118 in the 1/4 so its making good power. My goal is to get over 500 after its all said and done on a Dyno dynamics. I've read its a lower reading dyno and usually reads 10-15% lower numbers. The nearest Dyno-jet to compare to is 2 hrs away.

·
Registered
808 Posts
The procharger 3 core intercooler is what you will need also. I changed from a 2 core to a 3 on a car and it made a noticable difference in seat of the pants power. Did the same from shorties to long tubes. Big improvement. The procharger 3core is around 900. But deals can be found. I got mine off of ebay for 270 and it was almost 2 yrs old and looked real good.
And where are you in KS?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The procharger 3 core intercooler is what you will need also. I changed from a 2 core to a 3 on a car and it made a noticable difference in seat of the pants power. Did the same from shorties to long tubes. Big improvement. The procharger 3core is around 900. But deals can be found. I got mine off of ebay for 270 and it was almost 2 yrs old and looked real good.
And where are you in KS?
Im in Wichita. Ive been looking at a IC from Treadstone. I had a set of BBK's but decided to sell them and when i do go with LT's i might try Cooks or similiar.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Deths2000gt do you have any belt slippage with that 3.0 pulley on the procharger p1sc? I have a similar setup as your with slightly more compression (9.5) and i'm making 485rwhp with a 3.4 pulley.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Deths2000gt do you have any belt slippage with that 3.0 pulley on the procharger p1sc? I have a similar setup as your with slightly more compression (9.5) and i'm making 485rwhp with a 3.4 pulley.
None that i know of. When i had it tuned. The tuner never mentioned any slippage. But at the track i glanced at my gauge once in 3rd gear and only saw 7 psi but it was right after spinning pretty bad in 1st and 2nd. Which i dont know if that makes and difference in boost or not?

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
You will pick up 2 psi (maybe a little more) just by going to a ProCharger 3-core intercooler. I don't know how well Treadstone intercoolers flow. I've heard good reports about them. ProCharger told me that in general you can expect a D1SC to produce 4 psi more than a P1SC with the same size pulley. You've not reached the full potential of the P1SC yet. With 9:1 compression ratio you might not get to 500 rwhp but I'd think you would be close. The D1SC will get you there but you really should upgrade your intercooler.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
After 22k miles of the P1 @ 440rwhp I upgraded from the P1 to a D1 and kept the 2 core intercooler in place. Still running good. New power 502rwhp @ 11.28 psi

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Not all intercoolers have multiple cores. That might be something unique to ProCharger. The one you're looking at could be a single core. That doesn't matter. CFM is the important number.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yea, you want an intercooler to flow good cfm. Treadstone TRV25 flows I think like 1100cfm?? Could be wrong, might be alittle more. With that you shouldnt really get any boost loss.

If you have a blower that flows 1300cfm like the D1, then put an intercooler that flows only like 600-800cfm (CXRacing intercoolers) then youll lose a good amount of boost

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Mishimoto flow 1250 cfm and i found them on ebay for 248 shipped. However i found a dealer for Procharger that can sell me a 3 core brand new for 320 shipped!! I'm thinking thats too good to be true! I'll keep you posted if thats the right price.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts