Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i think its about time for me to replace my clutch.. slips bad going into 3rd gear when i get on it and it chatters like no other from a stop. also my throwout bearing is loud as hell and extremely annoying..

so a few questions. is the spec stage 1 kit worth getting? thats what i'm looking at. i have no plans of forced induction for this car and it wont need a higher rated clutch.

also, i know i need to get my flywheel resurfaced but will getting a new one be a better idea.

lastly, what else besides the kit do i need? do i need a new cable or anything? thanks guys

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
a spec stage 1 should be fine if you dont have any big plans for the car,but most people on here would recommend a centerforce clutch. its a good idea to get your flywheel resurfaced to prolong the life of both of the clutch and flywheel, cheaper to do that then get a new one while you have your transmission out.
the cable will be a bit loose at the top end of the clutch pedal but nothing major. if anything a firewall cable adj will fix that

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are there any differences on the pressure it takes to push the clutch down? the stock clutch is pretty damn stiff..

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
it should be a bit easier. depending what you get. usually though i think racing clutches are harder to push so a stage one will be easier than a stage 3 but i doubt it'll be much different from stock.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm ok cool, i'll look into centerforces and see what i come up with. i'm gonna be doing everything besides resurfacing myself so thats why i was asking about a cable and stuff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.