Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone is interested, and I don't yet have enough posts to list in the classifieds, but this week I'm putting my 88 up for sale in Florida.
Body has 147,000 miles and motor was replaced with one from a burnt car that had 69,000+ miles when the car was at 105,000. So in other words the motor has about 111,000 on it. Interior and exterior of car is in good shape for 20 years old. No major body damage or rust, dash in good shape, seats worn but not torn and headliner is still in place. A/C blows ice cold, cruise works, power windows and mirrors work, even the map light works. In fact it's easier to list the faults so here they are:
  1. Governer in trans sticks when it's cold. Once car is driven about a mile or two the transmission works fine. Until then likes to hang up in 2nd gear. This only occurs if the car sits cold for more than 6 hours.
  2. Heat doesn't work. The heater hoses were not attached when I got the car in 1996 and I never saw a reason to hook them up and see if the heat works.
  3. The adjuster on the right headlight is broke so it stays where it's at.
  4. The window tint is peeling in some places. Does not affect sight.
  5. Power door locks don't work.
  6. Electric fan is hardwired in so it comes on with car. been that way three years without a problem.
That's all I can think of. Tires are in good shape and brakes front and rear are less than a year old, and the color is factory yellow. I am going to list it for $1200.00 or best offer in a day or two and probably stick it on ebay. I'll add pictures to this post tomorrow when I'm at home. Any questions fire away.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
wow what a Nice car dude if I would have waited for you....I got ripped and your sellin yours for 1200 omg sometimes i want to shoot myself:confused:

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
good luck man
its worth 500
Whats the point of even replying with something like that? Maybe to you its worth 500 but not to other people. Keep that nonsense in your own threads.

WIKD, free bump for ya man and I hope you get it sold so you can get to modding that mach! :drink

·
Registered
31 Posts
sorry weems
idk i had an 89 lx got it for a grand
blew up on me after a week
the miles had already rolled over when i got it
and i havnt looked at any other 89 the same way since
but good luck selling her man
2.3 are godly in my opinion

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
good luck on sellin it if u find someone looking for a daily driver u might be able to get 1200

1 - 12 of 12 Posts