Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the sets on americanmuscle.com, and I was looking at getting these:

Staggered Black 2003 Cobra Wheel & Tire Kit - 17x9/10.5 (99-04) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

I'm not really sure about it though; I'm a bit of a wheel virgin. I've still got my stocks on. I want the wider wheels in the back. That's called staggered? So does that mean that the staggered sets have deep dish in the back, or is deep dish a whole different thing? And what about having them not only wider in the back, but also having them an inch larger, like 17" in the front and 18" in the back? Does that work, or is that a dumb idea? I'm trying to do my research and get some opinions on this before I go buying stuff. Money isn't an object right now, but I still want to get a good deal. I'm planning on new dual halo projector headlights soon, as well as maybe a tuner. My buddy told me I should get lowering springs first, and a locking differential, but that mean shop time, which means the prices for these things aren't just what it says on the website. It's man hours too. Any advice on this stuff is appreciated.

·
Registered
730 Posts
oh boy here we go

ok staggered means wider in back being deep dish in back and less deep in front
ive seen 17's in front and 18's in back but personally wouldnt do it
if i were you i would check out this site Mustang Wheels, Mustang wheels, and more Mustang Wheels
give those guys a call they will hook you up with good wheels and tires for probably less than AM could ever touchh

if money isnt an object i would go for the 18's i have 17's right now and im gettins 18's very soon

as far as dual halo projector headlights ..... :gay

but thats just personal opinion my favorite headlights are these

JUST MY OPINION THOUGH :D

DEFINATELY GET TUNER it makes a world of difference and take it to your local dyno shop to get it tuned that way... ive herd that some guys had troubles with the bama tunes from AM

lowering springs **** THAT

CUT SPRINGS FTW its a saturday job and there are a million write ups its pretty easy if u can turn a wrench i highly recommend it and alot of guys here have done it no complaints

how to cut springs

if you want a locking differential i would do gears at the same time

prolly cost quite a bit after labor + parts

also you need to check this out

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/79395-look-here-before-asking-about-mods.html

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
as far as dual halo projector headlights ..... :gay
+1

If you want projector's retrofit them yourself, hell of a lot better.

This is coming from some one who used to have those headlights, don't do it!

·
Registered
730 Posts
+1

If you want projector's retrofit them yourself, hell of a lot better.

This is coming from some one who used to have those headlights, don't do it!
lol yeah i wanted them soo bad when i first saw a set on ebay and then i saw them on a buddy of mines mustang and im like :wtf :puke lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts