Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an extremely important paper due tomorrow, and my printer says that its out of blank ink... well it isnt, it has about 4/10th of a cartridge left.

·
Slappin' da Bass
7,835 Posts
Rotate the cartridge or shake it a few times then put it back in and give it a try.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Printers never work right, that technology never went beyond 1996 :facepalm:

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
Do you have color ink? If you do, switch to color print and it should be able to print using color ink. It won't be completely black, more of a really dark grey. It worked with my printer the other day.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Uninstall the driver, turn the printer off, pull the cartridge out, turn the printer on with the "door" up and the cartridge out, turn the printer back off, then reinstall the cartridge and turn the printer back on. It will clean/self-align, then reinstall the drivers.

Then go to print your paper, and set the print quality to draft.

That should be enough to print.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I can usually get up to 10 more pages out of my asshole HP by beating the snot out of it.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i love yalls answers, but i just went to school to print it. It was a screen play i wrote, and was 30 pages, so its alright, i just saved ink and paper by having them print it out for me.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
You should still beat the **** out of your printer :bash:

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
i love yalls answers, but i just went to school to print it. It was a screen play i wrote, and was 30 pages, so its alright, i just saved ink and paper by having them print it out for me.
30 pages, I would have have printed it at school just for that. School = :baller:

·
meh
5,272 Posts
I switched to laser printers when I was in my senior year of highschool (2005). I got two from work during a company upgrade.. they were out of toner, and they wanted to switch all of the printers in the store to HP 1320 laser printers, so they told me to throw those two into the dumpster. Yeah... they went into the trunk of my car instead.

I bought one toner cartridge for one of the printers (this was in 2005, remember) and put the other printer in my closet for spare parts (it had a good drum). I used the printer for the rest of my high school days, and for my entire college career... and I never had to replace the toner. I'm still using the same one now.

Inkjet printers are useless to me. I really don't need to print in color. I store my pictures as data, if possible. It does me little good to have a box of photos shoved into the back of a closet. If I absolutely have to print a picture or something like that, I'll take it to wal mart and print it on their machines. It's cheap.

I could never use a color inkjet printer enough... with the one I owned, the cartridges would dry up before I could use all the ink. I just didn't print very much. Every time I went to print, I had to buy a $40 cartridge because the one I had would be dry. To hell with all that. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts