Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Boss 302 Intake Manifold Club that is...

I apologize for the poor picture quality, went to grab camera...wah wah wah...dead battery. Haven't driven it yet...that happens tomorrow...A LOT!!! Install took me a little under an hour.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Looks good dude! I gotta say though. I've read about the power those things make, and It's all at the very top of the range. I have raced mine light to light and my car does better when I shift at slightly lower RPM's because the tires break loose easy when I shift at 6500 RPM's or so. I actually want my power increase to come in lower in the range. Lastly, I would'nt want anyone telling me I have a fake BOSS. I would never say that to anyone nor do I think that anyone that bolts the intake on should be called a fake. I just read about it on here and it pissed me off so I think I would not get one.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bah...let them spout about it being a fake boss. I didn't buy it to impersonate a boss, I bought it because it will provide a nice building block to my plans. And for breaking the tires loose...I drive on these...

Nitto 555r...305/40/18's. I was making the stock all seasons scream for their mother before I did anything to the car. The first thing I did before adding power was get tires that will actually hook up at least a lil lol.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah those do help. I'm on the Perreli's still. Also would be a little harder to hide that mod if my **** needed to go in for some fixin. Anyway, I still think they are the **** though. You need to paint it.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Looks good dude! I gotta say though. I've read about the power those things make, and It's all at the very top of the range. I have raced mine light to light and my car does better when I shift at slightly lower RPM's because the tires break loose easy when I shift at 6500 RPM's or so. I actually want my power increase to come in lower in the range. Lastly, I would'nt want anyone telling me I have a fake BOSS. I would never say that to anyone nor do I think that anyone that bolts the intake on should be called a fake. I just read about it on here and it pissed me off so I think I would not get one.
Why would someone say you have a fake boss? It's an aftermarket intake manifold not a side stripe kit sporting the words " Boss 302 "...

If your breaking traction shifting at 6500 rpm its time to think about some new tires. The manifold isn't designed at all to make power lower in the rpm range its designed to allow you to run it out further up in the range and still make power. Probably one of the best bolt on's right now.
I mean if your racing your probably running it out to redline and shifting the **** out of it and really never touching anything under 5k rpm anyways.

Also the fact that you've ONLY raced your Mustang from light to light says a lot about you in the first place. Were not a bunch of street racing F&F iconic new era ricers here so please keep your opinions to yourself.

On subject....

Nice job on the install brother, let us know how you like it. :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
i wish that there is someone who dyno-ed his Stance before and After the intake manifold Installation..
Congrats ... it looks Tits

·
Registered
491 Posts
There are a couple of those about. Try the Mustangforums.com forums. I know I've seen the comparison, and it's essentially a small dip in the low rpms and a small but more distinguished jump in the high rpms.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
^^^^ exactly. It's a very minimal loss @ low rpm's but a bit of a difference on the top end. The stock falls of pretty good at around 6500rpm where the manifold keeps making power all the way up. It's a pretty good amount of hp and tq at around 7300 rpm I believe.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Why would someone say you have a fake boss? It's an aftermarket intake manifold not a side stripe kit sporting the words " Boss 302 "...
I think he is referring to another thread where someone went to cars and coffee and was badgered asking if it was a boss.

If I can remember I will bring my 5.0 magazine up to work tomorrow and scan it. It has a baseline and after dyno of the boss.

Here is another from a different forum. This isn't mine :)

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
the reason people are saying its a fake BOSS it because the intake says BOSS. whats the differance between an intake that says boss and putting stripes on that say boss.

my argument along time ago was produce the intake, but leave BOSS off of it.

there is another guy on here that every time he lifts the hood of his car, people think he has a BOSS mustang

·
Registered
577 Posts
I dunno, might be fun to make up some absurd story about what it is.

"Is that the new boss?"
"no, I ordered a GT from the factory but, due to an incorrect code, they put the Boss engine in it."

"Is that the new boss?"
" yes but I swapped the body with a GT owner who couldn't afford one"

"Is that the new boss?"
"no but shes walking around here somewhere.."

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Congrats man, you're going to love it.
the reason people are saying its a fake BOSS it because the intake says BOSS. whats the differance between an intake that says boss and putting stripes on that say boss.

there is another guy on here that every time he lifts the hood of his car, people think he has a BOSS mustang
I think he is referring to another thread where someone went to cars and coffee and was badgered asking if it was a boss.
You guys are talking about me.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
what a tool that guy must have been swervo......

Just like the guys who ask if the 2010's are the new 5.0 even though there is a badge on the side of the car that says GT and not 5.0

No wonder the firearm was invented.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

agreed! i mean yes, you guys are doing it for gains! but it's still a fake boss LOL, I mean technically, your sporting a boss emblem on a non-boss engine....

·
Registered
577 Posts
Congrats man, you're going to love it.

You guys are talking about me.
We are always talking about you, you just don't always notice :p

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
agreed! i mean yes, you guys are doing it for gains! but it's still a fake boss LOL, I mean technically, your sporting a boss emblem on a non-boss engine....
If it helps me spank that ass, I don't care. I'll have my fake Boss anyday.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I don't get the fake boss thing still. People get so crazy over this stuff. It's the only aftermarket manifold on the market and it happens to be exactly the same manifold that comes on the boss mustang so why not have a boss logo on it. It's not like you drive around with your hood up with a neon light shining over the boss logo. I'm sure if they offered the same manifold with a 5.0 logo most of the guys on here with them would have bought that manifold instead. But whats the chance that there going to recast the die to make it say something differently or just continue to pump out the same manifolds there already making and sell them for a nice chunk of change...

For some reason this hater mentality runs deep in the mustang scene. You see clones of every car ever made all over the place all the time and no one hates on them.... most people admire them. But god forbid you put a logo'd part on your mustang that says boss or cobra and its the end of the world.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Its a Boss intake. If you can't tell the different between a Boss intake and misbadging, thats your fault. I would put it on my car and not even think twice about it.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Its a Boss intake. If you can't tell the different between a Boss intake and misbadging, thats your fault. I would put it on my car and not even think twice about it.
no one is saying it isn't a boss intake?

the point IS, having the BOSS 302 on the top of the intake is like saying your sporting the BOSS 302 engine...

so if you can't understand that, that's your fault!

I understand you guys are all doing it for gains! but just because your doing that doesn't make it fake?!? you open up your hood to a person and the first thought they will think is "is that a boss"...case and point!

and bottlefed, there is a dislike for clones because people who have the boss, or have the cobra, want to keep their "special" stang!

personally idc what everyone does to their car or if it's a clone! just wished there wasn't a boss logo on top because it's NOT a boss....

1 - 20 of 89 Posts