Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't decide what to do about my wheels. I currently have the 2010 19" 8.5" wide rims. I don't know if I should by the 10" wide rear's that AM sells and put some bigger tires, 245 front 295 rear? or save longer and go down to 18s, similar setup.

I haven't been to a track yet, and not sure how much I will but if I keep my 19's, will they do alright on a track? Setting cost aside, are there any decent tires to use on a track for 19s?

Not that it matters, but whichever route I go, rims will be powder coated matte black.

Current rims:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I havent ran my car myself so if my info is all wrong im sure someone will chime in but slicks are going to be your best bet on the track and you will have to get some wheels set up for them...

My dad is running 19" wheels on his Vette and he has the Nitto NT05s and cant hook up in 3rd on a test and tune night. He also has 650hp. There's no telling where the limit for those tires are but honestly if you really want to do some serious drag racing get dedicated wheels and tires for it.... otherwise I think you should go with the 19's and get some good Nittos. You will hook up pretty decently if you feather the throttle and street performance will be good as well... plus they would look sick.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
I bought 9" front and 10" rear wheels, 18" wheels. I don't race my car but I could feel a difference in the handling by the wheel swap. This picture will give you an idea of what your car will look like with black wheels.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Get a set of 20's 18's don't do these cars justice for looks.
20's ride more harsh, suck on the road course, and suck at the drag strip (compared to 18's).

They do look sweet, though. :cool:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah in a perfect world I'd have a set of 20's and a set of drag 18's and a big garage to change them at will... lol

I think I'm gonna wait as long as I can on the stock rubber and then get some 18s and tires... How much you think my 19s would sell for, they're in perfect shape now, no damage or chips.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Yeah in a perfect world I'd have a set of 20's and a set of drag 18's and a big garage to change them at will... lol

I think I'm gonna wait as long as I can on the stock rubber and then get some 18s and tires... How much you think my 19s would sell for, they're in perfect shape now, no damage or chips.
600-800 probably if there is good tread left.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I can't decide what to do about my wheels. I currently have the 2010 19" 8.5" wide rims. I don't know if I should by the 10" wide rear's that AM sells and put some bigger tires, 245 front 295 rear? or save longer and go down to 18s, similar setup.

I haven't been to a track yet, and not sure how much I will but if I keep my 19's, will they do alright on a track? Setting cost aside, are there any decent tires to use on a track for 19s?

Not that it matters, but whichever route I go, rims will be powder coated matte black.
Why not keep the factory 19's get them powder coated black like you said and use them for the street. Then buy a pair of 18's for the rear with DR's for the track. That's my plans anyway.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Why not keep the factory 19's get them powder coated black like you said and use them for the street. Then buy a pair of 18's for the rear with DR's for the track. That's my pals anyway.
+1.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Why not keep the factory 19's get them powder coated black like you said and use them for the street. Then buy a pair of 18's for the rear with DR's for the track. That's my plans anyway.
this is a pretty good idea right here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts