Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I dropped my mustang, dspecs, springs, and panhard bar off at my local shop about 4 days ago and they still havent started on it. :mad: I'm pissed, so I think I'm going to go pick it up and do the install myself. Anyone have a good write up on installing the dspecs/springs? I found a tacobill write up for the panhard bar and springs, but none for the shocks/struts. Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm probably going to pick up my **** in an hour or two and get started. Thanks

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they said they would do it the day I dropped it off, or next day at the latest

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
wow that is ridiculous. I'm sure there will be some guys along here with tips on how to do your install then. I've not done any suspension work on these cars so I can't help you there.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
the bottom of the rear shocks are easy, just one bolt :lol
i think a 15 mm..
but thats all i've messed with to far (just to disconnect to do my exhaust)
:dunno
sorry thats all i can help :(

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anything helps...i'm gonna call em now and see whats up. They did me a favor by "squeezing my car in", but now its just been sitting out. I would have done it by myself to begin with if I would have known it would take this long. My off days were yesterday and today, so I wasted them hoping i would get my car. I coulda used that time to do the damn thing myself.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
i know that the bolts for the rear are in the trunk underneath the carpet, (given i know) and i was looking at my rear springs during the exhaust, but i'm not really sure what all you have to do to change them like bolts and stuff wise, if i jack my car up again today to see where the rattle is AGAIN i'll try and see what i can find

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Easy, I actually just did this exact install last weekend on my car in my garage ( depecs and eibach springs, with an adj panhard bar. Just pull the wheels and get after it, Its alot easier than you think. The only thing you wont be able to do is the alignment afterwords... If you have the least bit of technicall knowhow your overqualified to do this yourself... Just remeber righty tighty, lefty loosey...

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
how does that go again?
i forgot :crazy
i have gone the wrong way sometimes while im at a weird angle or i just have to sit there and think it out

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
how does that go again?
i forgot :crazy
i have gone the wrong way sometimes while im at a weird angle or i just have to sit there and think it out

First time I changed my oil, one month and two thousand miles ago, I was under the car, scared I'd mess somehting up and just lay there staring at the OEM oil filter with the claw of doom wrench. Which way! WHICH WAY!!!!1! :eek:

I blame the excess coffee. :eek:

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
:lmao
the worst i've done is over tighten my oil plug on my old ranger :lol
and ummm... stripped the head a little :sorry
we had to go get a new one before we wanted to finish just so we could get it off next time :(

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
First time I changed my oil, one month and two thousand miles ago, I was under the car, scared I'd mess somehting up and just lay there staring at the OEM oil filter with the claw of doom wrench. Which way! WHICH WAY!!!!1! :eek:

I blame the excess coffee<-HuH? :eek:. :eek:
That's crazy talk!! :lol

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
yea it is... hahaha newcardontwanttofuckitup syndrome... drugs for that... ask the docter about beer, tequila, bourbon, xanax...hahaha

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Oh I forgot about you there zippy, Its righty loosey lefty tighty up there isnt it? You goofy Canadians always do stuff backwards...

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
silly canucks :eek:

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
:lol
epyt ot emit gnol a koot taht teb i

·
Registered
1,868 Posts