Modded Mustang Forums banner

181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
This pretty much proves that the House of Representatives were only making a political statement. That they really had nothing that warranted removal of a President even though they have been trying to find something for almost three years. They have voted to impeach the President on two things but Pelosi is thinking about not holding a vote to send it to the Senate where the President can actually defend himself.

If you remember the House Democrats in the Intelligence Committee carefully screened the witnesses so that only those against Trump testified. Even then the witnesses were almost all either reporting hearsay or theory. There was only one fact witness and when asked he had to admit that Trump wanted nothing in return. The House Democrats in the Judicial Committee refused to have witnesses. They instead went with what the Intelligence Committee said. Both committees moved things forward on a strict party line vote.

The full House of Representatives passed the articles of impeachment on mostly a strict party line vote. The only exception was a couple of Democrats who voted no.

The Democrats wouldn't let the President defend himself in the house committees and now they are so afraid that the Senate Republicans will actually hold a trial where the defense can say something they are thinking about not sending it over.

What was this all about? They have to know their case is so weak that it will never get through the Senate. All this is is political grandstanding.

Reactions: JohnC

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
That impeachment was the biggest rigged sham in American history for sure. :yes

And now Pelosi is holding it up from going to the Senate.

I'm sure they're scared to death of the hearing the Republicans will have because some of them might be going to jail for lying under oath to try and get this President removed from office.

That said, I foresee a revolution at the ballot box.

The Dems are going to lose a lot of seats over this one.

The only negatives anyone can say about the president is he sucks at public speaking and the constant war waged by the alt-left Marxst corporate media on him because we've had to hear the left-wing whine and complain all this time about him because he was a threat to their Oligarchy.

But when you look at his accomplishments and keeping campaign promises, he is doing waaaaay better than all past presidents post Reagan that I can think of.

·
He of Long Wind
2,172 Posts
If we think the Dems hate President Trump now ... OH MY GOD just wait until his second term. For now, Trump has to (at least) behave himself a little bit. He still needs to suck-up to the Independent voters and suburban soccer moms to get reelected. But once that's behind him, LOOK OUT! There will be a river of melted snowflakes from coast to coast.

I can envision Nancy Pelosi, a few years from now, dressed in a flannel housecoat and sitting in the dark by her fireplace, sucking on a Virginia Slim without her false teeth. As she stares blankly at the fire, she mumbles something unintelligibly, takes another drag ... "stupid-*ss orange motherf**ker!"

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
Lmao... this place is starting to look like some of the facebook “discussion” groups. Use to be a decent place to discuss the topics be it social and political now it’s just.... smh

·
He of Long Wind
2,172 Posts
Lmao... this place is starting to look like some of the facebook “discussion” groups. Use to be a decent place to discuss the topics be it social and political now it’s just.... smh
It's a ghost town. I logged in yesterday and a tumbleweed rolled across my screen.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I was reading an opinion piece this morning concerning Pelosi holding back the articles of impeachment. The author said: "She wants the impeachment without the acquittal..." I think the author is correct. I think that she doesn't give a damn about the Senate's responsibilities in the Constitution. She wants what so many of her illiterate followers want. She wants impeachment to mean removal and it doesn't. She and her party want it so bad she is trying to tell the Senate what they will do.

I think it was Schumer but I could be wrong that was advocating more articles of impeachment. Whoever it was obviously knows they do not have enough evidence to convict in a Senate trail. He was even talking about the Mueller report and everything I have read about the Mueller report says there is nothing there. He has TDS so bad he is imagining things.

Meanwhile the economy is booming. Unemployment is at its lowest point in decades. Working people have money in their pockets and Christmas spending is up. Donations to Trump's reelection campaign are also up. The Democrats are doing all of this to affect the 2020 election. And they are. This bogus impeachment is driving Trump support up. It looks like Trump will go down in history as the first president ever impeached and reelected.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Let's see if I remember this correctly. The House of Representatives gave the impeachment inquiry to the Intelligence Committee. The witnesses called had no first hand information of anything. They reported hearsay evidence. Things that they had heard. Or, they were experts who had no first hand knowledge but talked about theory. And on a straight party line vote they moved to impeach.

The Judicial Committee didn't call witness but simply took what was given to them. They wrote two articles of impeachment and on a strict party line vote they voted to impeach. One of the articles was Abuse of Power because military aid was held back from Ukraine a few weeks. The other was Obstruction of Congress because Trump was appealing the subpoenas and did not immediately comply.

The House of Representative on an almost straight party line vote (two Democrats voted no) voted to impeach. But the process isn't done yet because the articles of impeachment have never been sent to the Senate. Pelosi says she wants to make sure its a fair trail and that she wants the Senate to call more witnesses. I would assume in a trial fact witnesses (not hearsay or theory) would be called on both sides.

Now the top presidential contender for the Democratic Party, Joe Biden, who bragged on camera that he threatened to hold back military aid from Ukraine to get a prosecutor fired has said in an interview that he will not comply if the Senate subpoenas him.

And on top of all of that if this article is true it is possible that the intelligence community "whistle blower" accompanied Joe Biden to Ukraine in 2016. (A claim not independently verified.) This is the same whistle blower who is reported to have met with the House intelligence committee before the impeachment hearings that committee chair, Schiff, says he never met.

I'm serious. This is unbelievable.

Reactions: ChrisJ

·
He of Long Wind
2,172 Posts
You guys remember the melee of the 2000 election (Bush/Gore, Florida, Hanging Chads, etc.)? It was the first time I really noticed the ridiculous dedication to party talking-points. The news stations interviewed politician after politician, for days, and the messaging had little or no deviation. The Ds said, “Count the votes - determine voter intentions,” and the Rs said, “Follow the law – accept the results.” It was as if every speaker either had a copy of the D note-card or the R note-card, and they weren't allowed to go off script or ad-lib. The official “messaging” seemed to trump any logical or reasonable discussion on the matter. Even the best legal minds were (seemingly) required to parrot the scripted talking-points.

This impeachment situation has degenerated similarly. There's no serious discussion about emerging facts. The Ds have been locked on their message for some time. The Rs are similarly locked on their message. Even public opinion seems cemented down; the polls aren't even moving. Ds think the matter means everything. Rs think it all means nothing. So, at this point, further dissection of the minutia is moot. It's all out there already; everyone has chosen their team, and the remainder of the process is just a formality (Senate acquits/dismisses, Supreme Court extinguishes the remaining fires, Trump stays in office). That's it. We all know it.

The only meaningful outcome of this entire process will be the impact on swing votes in November. Can the Ds fan the flames long enough to smoke-out 2020 voters? Can the Rs capture voters fleeing liberal radicalization? The Ds will keep reading from the D note-card. The Rs will keep reading from the R note-card, and we'll see what happens in November.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
It will die in the senate

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
The Republicans are focused on the fact that Biden was Vice President in charge of Ukrainian policy while his unqualified son raked in millions from a corrupt Ukrainian corporation working with corrupt government officials. (From what I have read it was $50,000-$83,000 per month and $14 million in a corporate account.) When an investigation was started VP Biden got the investigator fired by threatening to withhold US funds. This is beyond question since Biden is seen on camera bragging about it. (I have seen the video.) What the Bidens have done doesn't pass the smell test. It should be looked into. That is pretty much what everyone is saying.

The Democrats are focused on the fact that Biden was a candidate and an investigation into what he and his son did is nothing more than trying to use foreign influence in the election. That is a half truth. While it is true that he is a candidate for President he was also in charge of the US effort in Ukraine while his son made all that money.

Some people hate Trump so much that they are willing to totally ignore the crimes that may have been committed and pretty much it has divided our country along strict party lines.

I really don't know what game Pelosi is playing. She obviously knows there isn't enough evidence to get a conviction in the Senate. Hell, a large number of Americans thought impeachment in the House meant removal. They didn't understand that there had to be a trail. Regardless, I think she's holding everything up in an attempt to influence the 2020 election.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
If anything it strengthened the reelection

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I skimmed through an interesting opinion piece by Trey Gowdy. He suggested that the real target of the impeachment is the Senators in the purple (swing) states and the real goal is getting a Democrat majority in the Senate. If they are successful in doing that then they can do pretty much do whatever they want after that.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Lets be honest. Politicians dont give a **** about people.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
The Foreign Intelligence Surveilence (FISA) Court is extremely critical of the FBI's handling of the Russian probe. Here is what the judge wrote: "The FBI's handling of the Carter Page applications, as portrayed in the [Office of Inspector General] report, was antithetical to the heightened duty of candor described above," then-presiding Judge Rosemary Collyer wrote in a four-page court order issued Dec. 17. "The frequency with which representations made by FBI personnel turned out to be unsupported or contradicted by information in their possession, and with which they withheld information detrimental to their case, calls into question whether information contained in other FBI applications is reliable."

They used unsupported information and hid contradictory information. What upstanding law enforcement people we have in one of our most respected organizations.

What are the Democrats doing? They have impeached Trump with a party line vote based on unsupported hearsay evidence and they have hid information. Maybe not contradictory information but definitely bad information on the Bidens. This is the biggest goat rope I think I've seen. I can't believe they hate Trump so much that they would lie, cheat and perhaps steal to get him impeached. Pelosi is trying to take a victory lap saying Trump will always be impeached. If the history books are accurate they will say the Democrats went crazy with hate and took inappropriate actions. It is she who will look bad in future history books.

Even they know they have gone too far. Pelosi is releasing the very vague articles of impeachment next week and even Democrats are critical of their comments concerning the death of the Iranian general.

·
He of Long Wind
2,172 Posts
Well, I guess that's that. My only takeaway is hopelessness about our government. If you look at the totals of the Yes/No & Guilty/Not-Guilty votes, it's sad:

House A1 230Y 197N (two party defections)
House A2 229Y 198N (three party defections)
Senate A1 48G 52NG (one party defection)
Senate A2 47G 54NG (no party defections)

So, out of 1,054 votes, less than 1% represent party defections. That means 99.43% of the votes cast by our congress were strictly along party lines. Nothing about that process can be touted as impartial or fair? 99.43% of the outcome was predetermined by party. Frankly, we could have skipped the entire TV drama. The House could have voted for the articles in the morning; the Senate could have acquitted in the afternoon, and this whole political exercise could have been conducted in time for dinner.

What an absolute waste of time and taxpayer money! Congress could have gotten something done on infrastructure or health care or something that might have benefited us citizens. Instead, we got a pointless and acrimoniously petulant TV show – and it wasn't even a good show. It was more like listening to the same broken record play over-and-over for three months straight.

I'm disgusted. We should throw them ALL out.

181 - 195 of 195 Posts