Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some may have noticed a slight slowdown in speed recently - attributed mostly to a firewall I put on the server (some Russians are sending out attacks on servers). This firewall and other security measures increase the load (imaging running photoshop and trying to browse the web - then imagine a few hundred browsers open at the same time).

At any rate I'll be moving Modded Mustangs to it's own server (30 other sites on this one) sometime in the next week or two. It'll remain by itself on that server. Shouldn't be any noticable downtime, other than the forums being unavailable for a short while (some members may have a longer wait than others, depending on your ISP).

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate you are making the effort to make it more secure.

A local board I have been a member of for several years recently crashed. They lost all of the data from the previous 2+ years. I guess noone had the foresight to make a backup any time. I am a little bummed as I had several writeups that I had spent quite a bit of time documenting pics/processes of install and now they are all gone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts