Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met this guy this weekend with a 07 cobra vert. claiming to run in the low tens. My question is, is this possible? 1. with stock IRS 2. with the altitude we have here (about 5,200) and nothing more than basic stuff like pulleys, exhaust, 4:10’s and custom tune. I don’t know much about the newer motors but this seems far fetched.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I met this guy this weekend with a 07 cobra vert. claiming to run in the low tens. My question is, is this possible? 1. with stock IRS 2. with the altitude we have here (about 5,200) and nothing more than basic stuff like pulleys, exhaust, 4:10’s and custom tune. I don’t know much about the newer motors but this seems far fetched.
'07 Cobra convertible? As in GT500? :confused:

·
Registered
600 Posts
s197s dont have IRS, they are a solid rear axle...and no probably no possible with a pulley tune exhaust and 4.10s..most likely a low 11s..maybe high 10s with et streets and suspension

·
Registered
623 Posts
In the Feb 2007 Hot Rod mag, they took a GT 500 added bolt-ons, 4.10s and racing tires and went 10.46 @ 132 mph but that was 2 years ago maybe the bolt-ons are a little better now but with a vert. I would think it would be heavier and more of a challenge to get it in the low 10s

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well now i'm wondering what the deal is I know its not a gt500 he was bragging about kicking the **** out of them, and he does have IRS, the motor had a stock blower on it. so i'll just have to wait and meet him on the streets at a later date

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
No IRS and it'd have to be a GT500 if he referred to it as a Cobra otherwise it'd be a Cobra Jet which would be very distinct and still doesn't have IRS.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Did they make a Cobra Jet in '07?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
That was why I was asking to clarify....

Kenne Bell makes an upgrade for the GT500 S/C that'll put over 700hp to the rear end, but all GT500's have haced the same problem: the first three or so seconds down the 1/4 mile. Lick that and you'll have a fast car for sure.

In fact, just do some searching on youtube, plenty of mid 10 gt500s.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts