Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i am tearing down the cobra for a winter rebuild and refresh. I noticed when i took my intake apart the imrc plates don't look like they have been opening like they should. The intake valve and port under the imrc butterfly on both heads and every cylinder is completely gunked up with black deposits...... The open port on each cylinder that that the fuel injector sprays through has zero deposits and is very clean...... Does this mean the imrc flaps are not opening??????? I will take some pics this weekend and post them if i can figure out how. Maybe someone can explain this?????? The car never threw a check engine light, so can they be shut off via a tune or will the car throw a C.E. light if they are not working properly???? My understanding is they are supposed to stay closed til around 3500-4000rpm to help out bottom end torque production?????? If they have not been opening i am going to delete them and have the car retuned. How much low end will be lost?????

Thanks everyone!

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I'm not that familiar with the 4 valve motor. Maybe you would have better luck posting your question in the 4 valve forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts