Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the performance aspect of the car is done so the car is finally going in for its much needed paint job lol. Going with a Planet Color Crimson Red Candy with a little twist, as well as some flop (color shifting paint) and charcoal smoke airbrush work. Everything is getting shaved off including the gas cap and it should come out killer! will update as it goes along.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quite a few dents eh? lol.. have a color swatch of the new color?
LOL yea well thats what happens when you daily drive it for 4 years lol. I will have a color chip picture tomorrow.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
You should have them take your side scoops off and fill them in to look like a bullitt side scoop delete.

Where is the fuel tank filler neck going to go when you shave the gas lid?

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should have them take your side scoops off and fill them in to look like a bullitt side scoop delete.

Where is the fuel tank filler neck going to go when you shave the gas lid?
we are going to be doing something cool with the sidescoops so i am going to keep them :)

I have a fuel cell so i fill it up in the trunk

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Mine's in the process of being painted for the second time since the guy ****ed up the first time. White with a good bit of blue pearl.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
^****ed up eh? Better be redoing it for free! lol.

Car ought to come out sweet man I can't wait to see the finished product. if you don't mind me asking you what's all this runnin you up? I don't want all the fancy airbrushing and what not but I definitely need a new paint job. There's a spot on my trunk where the paint has been chipping off for 2 years now and it's tripled in size since I bought the car. Thanks god the trunks on these things are fiberglass so rust isn't an issue yet.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I'm having a different guy do it Jersey. Wouldn't trust the same guy to do it again. It currently looks like this.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^****ed up eh? Better be redoing it for free! lol.

Car ought to come out sweet man I can't wait to see the finished product. if you don't mind me asking you what's all this runnin you up? I don't want all the fancy airbrushing and what not but I definitely need a new paint job. There's a spot on my trunk where the paint has been chipping off for 2 years now and it's tripled in size since I bought the car. Thanks god the trunks on these things are fiberglass so rust isn't an issue yet.
Well it's a custom job so its alot more than a regular job. I'm paying him $9500 for everything, which is a great deal since it's really like a $15,000 job.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Nice man, cool color choice, I think its gonna look badass. That hood is nasty

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
hey skillrish, who's this guy in jersey ehh??
im thinking about getting a repaint, since mine has faded a little over the years.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
No I was talking to jerseytrueblue. My guy is in WV

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What are your plans for the side scoops?
We are going to smoke the side scoops and do some cool paintwork on it to compliment the hood.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Well it's a custom job so its alot more than a regular job. I'm paying him $9500 for everything, which is a great deal since it's really like a $15,000 job.
Holy crap, i had my car repainted a 09 Buick Pearl White and had some custom black accents in the bumpers and trunk and it is slick as a baby's ass and it was only $3,800, thats with them fitting the new hood and bumper.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Holy crap, i had my car repainted a 09 Buick Pearl White and had some custom black accents in the bumpers and trunk and it is slick as a baby's ass and it was only $3,800, thats with them fitting the new hood and bumper.
yes well im not using a plain color off another car. Its a custom candy paint. Not to mention flop is like $500 an ounce. this is going to be a show quality paint job with some really cool added effects. Everything is getting painted. Motor bay, door jambs, etc.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What do you mean smoke them? Do you have a drawing or something of what this will look like?
itll have an effect like its color shifting. Like in one light itll look like candy red and in another itll look charcoal, the flop stuff is really cool ****!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts