Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the midst if rebuilding my engine but due to finances It's gonna take longer than planned. Does anyone have or know where I can get a bottom end for a decent price. Please inbox or respond with any leads you have to one. I'm in North Jersey but will drive a little for one if I have to. Thanks

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone??

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Just browse craigslist for a spare 4.6 and drop that in if you really need your car back on the road, like immediately.

Weren't you supposed to be aiming for 500RWHP or something like that? I remember reading another engine thread of yours. Not sure if it's still there, but I'm right in Delaware and there was a sub 100K mile PI GT engine for $800 OBO. I wanted to pick it up but the guy was a douche bag at first, when I emailed him about it months ago.

You know, them types who are like "YEH WILL I DUNT GOTTA SELL SO SCREW YOUR OFFER IT BEEN SITTIN AROUND FOR 5 YEARS ANYWAY" as he kept reposting it, reposting it, lowering the price each time. Now his price is lower than what I think I offered him. Pretty sure I offered 1,000, and at the time he refused to seperate the auto trans and engine.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what is your price range and how much power are you looking at putting down?
As far as price range I'm trying to go no higher than $400. not looking for anything special, Just need my car back on the road for now.

Just browse craigslist for a spare 4.6 and drop that in if you really need your car back on the road, like immediately.

Weren't you supposed to be aiming for 500RWHP or something like that? I remember reading another engine thread of yours. Not sure if it's still there, but I'm right in Delaware and there was a sub 100K mile PI GT engine for $800 OBO. I wanted to pick it up but the guy was a douche bag at first, when I emailed him about it months ago.

You know, them types who are like "YEH WILL I DUNT GOTTA SELL SO SCREW YOUR OFFER IT BEEN SITTIN AROUND FOR 5 YEARS ANYWAY" as he kept reposting it, reposting it, lowering the price each time. Now his price is lower than what I think I offered him. Pretty sure I offered 1,000, and at the time he refused to seperate the auto trans and engine.
Yea that was me, but things have changed and finances are not coming in like before, So for now just need something. I've looked a little on Craigslist but no luck so far. My other option is to take a ride down to Maryland and hit up a Crazy Ray's pick and pull I can get one for $230 out there. Hell I might even find a good Teskid bottom end. But if I can avoid the drive down, dropping motor and drive back then I will but if not... Oh well

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might have found one for a good price. I gotta go check it out.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Good luck man. How much?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good luck man. How much?
$200 with a new oil pump 55k on the motor. It was pulled from the car to put a MMR 900 in it's place. I found it from someone on another forum locally and looked at it today.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
That's a damn good deal! Is that from oil pan to intake, with all the accessories? Cheapest I've found is like $400 I think.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
There was an aluminum 4.6L bottom end by me for $350 that I was gonna give you the link to but it sold. :(

How did it look for 55k on it?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a damn good deal! Is that from oil pan to intake, with all the accessories? Cheapest I've found is like $400 I think.
No without accesories, just the block with rotating assembly and a new oil pump. he had a MMR 7qt oil pan that had slight damage but it would have been too low for my car.

There was an aluminum 4.6L bottom end by me for $350 that I was gonna give you the link to but it sold. :(

How did it look for 55k on it?
Cool, thanks anyway. the block is very clean and he's gonna wrap it in plastic before I come to pick it up, no rust.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts