Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have emission testing, mines overdue, i have a clogged cat, i have lts+o/r h waiting to go on

right now i'm thinking just sell the lt's and o/r h and buy two high flow cats and have a new midpipe fabbed up, and be done with this ****, im going to be selling my car within a year anyway.

i can't get rid of this p1000 code, i put a mil eliminator in today on my bad cat, i cleared the codes, p0420 isn't back it still might come back, but i can't get rid of p1000

also does anyone have their stock midpipe lying around?

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Have you tried just driving a long distance to clear that p1000 code? i have gotten that alot in the past but letting it go fixes the problem, its a testing incomplete code, if you have the gas and money to refill afterwards, go for a long drive and see if that will do it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Try Seafoaming it.

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
I don't understand why you just don't drive down south somewhere and get it passed with your new exhaust on it. Get out of nova.

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
even with lts+o/r h ill get it passed?
I have never had anyone not pass my car down here. I used to have the turbo kit on it too which was only a downpipe and a magnaflow muffler. Now I'm just running gutted cats and a thrush. Just ran it through inspection the other day. Basically down here they just want the car to have good lights all the way around and not be throwing and CEL's. If it's all working they aren't going to give you a hard time. I'm not saying there aren't shops that will fail you, but down here I have never been tested for emissions or had anything plugged up to my car.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have never had anyone not pass my car down here. I used to have the turbo kit on it too which was only a downpipe and a magnaflow muffler. Now I'm just running gutted cats and a thrush. Just ran it through inspection the other day. Basically down here they just want the car to have good lights all the way around and not be throwing and CEL's. If it's all working they aren't going to give you a hard time. I'm not saying there aren't shops that will fail you, but down here I have never been tested for emissions or had anything plugged up to my car.
so for emission testing all they did was check your gascap, and check for codes, then you paid/passed?

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
so for emission testing all they did was check your gascap, and check for codes, then you paid/passed?
They check to make sure all my lights and signals work too along with glancing at your break pads just to make sure they are decent. Only had my gas cap checked once though at a place up the road from me.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes I am. That is all we have down here. The basically make sure your car is in good working order, then send you on your way. They aren't going to give you hell over some bullshit emissions crap.
so you are talking emissions and not inspection right?

i mean if it comes to it ill drive to the shop you went to if they'll pass me with my lt's and o/r h on, ill hopefully be getting that installed this week, right now i've got expired tags and a clogged cat so i'm trying not to drive it much.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i dont think you have emissions?

Your vehicle must meet Virginia's emissions inspection requirements if it is garaged in one of the localities listed below:

* the counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, or Stafford
* the cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Manassas or Manassas Park

Inspections are valid for two years and may be obtained by having your vehicle inspected by a certified emissions inspection station. When you have your vehicle inspected, your DMV vehicle record will be immediately updated by the emissions station.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts