Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like I'm going to be moving from California to Texas (Duncanville) June. I'm going to he driving my car there. Anyway would you guys know if it is difficult to get a California car registered in Texas? How are the emissions? I'm pretty sure they're not nearly as strict as California...smh. O! And last time I was in Texas (Dallas)...I think I seen that most cars had like 2-3 stickers of there front window. I think it was like the registration or somthing. What was that about? But I'm excited though and happy to get out of expensive ass California.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
if you can get your car inspected in california then you will have zero problems getting it inspected here. emissions depend on the county you live in and the two stickers in the front windshield are inspection and registration.

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
You should have no issues with inspection here. Only around major cities are emissions required. Everywhere else its just safety

·
Registered
61 Posts
pretty much covers it all. I havent had mine inspected near a big city but where I live, Ft. hood, there are no emissions test as in up the tailpipes and so fourth.mostly visual inspection. Also congrats on moving from cali.good choice now go buy an assult rifle and walk out with it.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
^^ alls been said, Welcome to texas bro, I think youll like it here more:), not sure were the area your moving to is but as been saiid, emissions only around major cities, stickers reg/inspection, Once again welcome

·
I LIKE CARS AND SH!T
160 Posts
texas is 5746834 times easier to get a car inspected then in california, you can have 5% tint on your front windows and some shops will pass you... they havent even hooked my car up to a sniffer. if you dont have a check engine light, your good.

·
2002 Mustang Gt
2,024 Posts
texas is 5746834 times easier to get a car inspected then in california, you can have 5% tint on your front windows and some shops will pass you... they havent even hooked my car up to a sniffer. if you dont have a check engine light, your good.
Depends where in Texas

Sent from undisclosed classified area

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Going from California to any city on the planet should be easier to get inspected. :yes

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the replies and support guys. I'm moving to duncanville. I dnt know to explain it. I dnt know if duncanville is in Dallas or its own little city. I also have family in Tyler,Houston and abaline TX.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Thanks for all the replies and support guys. I'm moving to duncanville. I dnt know to explain it. I dnt know if duncanville is in Dallas or its own little city. I also have family in Tyler,Houston and abaline TX.
It's on the outer edge of Dallas. There's Duncanville signs, so I'm going to assume it's a city. Only stayed there overnight, so I don't know much more. Dave's BBQ isn't bad.

I'm a little bit south from Abilene. Can't help you on registration/emissions, as I don't have to do either one.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Duncanville is a little south of the Dallas area. Not a bad place. On the inspections, They are not too stick around here. Now some places can be. I just try to find a place that has younger guys who work there. They only do the "sniff" test if you car/truck don't is older than 1996.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts