Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I are on the look out for a 2011 5.0.

im just curious is the price differance worth it between GT and GT premium? what do you really get for the extra money?

we are looking to get it pretty loaded. factory installed 3.73's, brembo brakes, front and rear facia, window louvers, etc, etc.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I know with the base you don't get the Shaker sound system, some people consider that a good thing. You also don't get Sync or leather seats.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i know you loose the shaker but i was never that impressed with it anyways. they need to put the bose system in there

·
Registered
599 Posts
I was in the same bucket but I wasn't a fan of the cloth Int so I got the leather but you also get the
my color gauges and the shaker is way better then the reg system

·
Registered
828 Posts
I know with the base you don't get the Shaker sound system, some people consider that a good thing. You also don't get Sync or leather seats.
Those are really the only things you miss with a base 5.0. IMO the premium isnt worth a $3k+ price hike, but people who are the phone, and/or in their car a lot for work would want the sync, and maybe the leather. The 1 thing I'd miss in a base is the lack of power seats.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You also don't get some options with the base that the premium gets, at least on the ford site. You aren't able to get the electronics or comfort package. It also doesn't show being able to get the appearance packages (scoops/stripes/spoiler) with the base. I guess it really does just mean how "loaded" you want it.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, i was trying to find a place where it describes the different packages. 401A, etc.

everytime i build one i get confused on what i can and cant do

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Fords site will tell you the details of each package. Mine is a 300a and I like it a lot. The only thing I really wish it had was power seats. The upper lever in the manual seats doesn't return the seatback to its original position after you move it. My 04 returned the seats and it was nice since I have my kids in and out of the car.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, i built one on ford. but, i would add something i wanted, and it would delete other stuff. we want black with black racing stripe with black interior. but, if you add the racing stripe it changes your package, and bleh, is a headache.

i dont know. we arent in huge hurry. if we stop and see something we like or wait for a good deal we will get one.
when do the 2012's come out? because they have a couple more options on the 5.0 and its suppose to be just a shy bit cheaper

·
Registered
119 Posts
There are actually some dealers that have a few in stock. I know a friend of mine has already taken delivery of his ordered one.

·
Registered
577 Posts
The 2012's are already on the lots. Picked one up last week.
I was in the same boat as you. I thought about just getting the plain GT package, finding 2006+ power seats at a yard, recovering in Katskin, installing a stereo, yada yada..

Once I thought about all the money to make it the same as a premium I could install quite a few go fast goodies. Also if the need to sell ever comes up the premium will always be worth a little more. The sync can be replaced. Someone will make a package for it if there isn't one already? I like the Sync and have had no problems with it. I don't go around blaring my music so the 500 package was fine by me. The Camaro had a much better sounding system but the Ford does the job. It's one of those things were it still fit my needs. The best thing to do is just go drive one and play a lot.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am a salesman so I can access the order guides from Ford.

Here you go sir:

EXTERIOR
• Cloth Convertible Top
• Convertible Boot

INTERIOR
• 6-gauge cluster w/MyColor™
• Ambient Lighting – Map pockets and Sill Plate, Cup holders, Front & Rear Footwells
• Auto-Dimming Mirror
• Bright Aluminum Accent Dash Panel, Pedal Covers Scuff Plate and Leather-Wrapped Shifter Knob
• Bright Chrome Door Speaker Surrounds
• Door Trim Panel Inserts
• Leather Steering Wheel w/Brushed Spokes
• Satellite Radio (6 mos. Complimentary SIRIUS®
Subscription, N/A in AK & HI)
• Seats – Leather, 6-way Power Adjustable Driver, 2-way
Adjustable Head Restraint and Power Lumbar
• Shaker 500
• SYNC®

Those are the included standard features. Besides those, you basically unlock more options that you can add on with a Premium. You can't get the following packages with the Base Mustang:

Comfort Package
• 6-Way Power Passenger Seat
• Heated Front Seats

Electronics Package
• Voice-Activated Navigation with SIRIUS® Travel Link™ (includes 6-month complimentary
subscription – Not available in AK & HI)
• Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control – Now Includes HD Radi

California Special�
• Unique Chrome Billet Grille with Body Color Surround and Tri-Bar Pony Badge (w/o Fog lamps)
• Unique Side Stripes with "GT/CS" logo
• Unique Lower Fascia with Fog lamps
• Unique 19"x8.5" Argent Painted / Machined Aluminum Wheels
• Unique Decklid Badge with name in Faux Gas Cap
• Unique I/P Finish Panel
• Unique Door Panel "Carbon" Inserts
• Unique Front and Rear Leather Seats with "Carbon" Inserts
• Premium carpeted front floor mats with embroidered logo
• Rear "Diffuser-Style" Lower Fascia
• Pedestal Spoiler
• Decklid Tape A

- Premier Trim with Color Accent
Charcoal Black interior environment with color accented seats, Unique door trim with bright pony badge, dark aluminum dash panel and aluminum shift knob (N/A with Exterior Stripe Options)

- Shaker 1000 is an option on Premium
- HID headlamps are an option on Premium
- There are also a few other options you can add that are groupings of exterior accessories. (read: hood scoops, window louvers, etc...)

- You've also unlocked additional wheel options with the Premium. The Base can only have the 18" 5 spokes or the Brembo kit wheels.

Rapid Specs:
400A- Mustang GT Premium (and any other individual options)
401A- Mustang GT Premium + Premium Trim with Color Accent (and any other individual options)
402A- California Special

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow, thanks a million tallguy. some things just need to be barney style.

but, if you go 401A, it deletes the racing stripe right?

i guess when it comes down to it you are right coyote. you have to decide whats important and what you want dealer to do and what you can add on later

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey coyote, i read an article awhile back stating changes to the 2012 5.0 were gonna be a push buttong to change steering modes and an installed garage door opener. was this the case or did they not do it?
thanks

·
Registered
577 Posts
Not sure as I really never payed attention to Mustangs before but I can tell you that the steering is changed via the dash display the same way you would do mycolor. It also has homelink built into the visor with three buttons. The garage door was an easy setup. The home alarm is a little more complicated...

·
Registered
280 Posts
If you really want that package and the stripe then you have 2 options. You can special order it and Ford will do it or you can find a black one on the lot (should be easy) with that package and then have the stripe painted on which will look better IMO

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im sittimg at ford right now trying to get a balance amd alignment. They have two 2012s but both are crappy packages.

And go figre. Ford charging 135 to just drive car onto alignment rack. But they cant guarantee anyhing.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, 189 bucks for ford to tell me take it up the road half mile to European Car Sales and have them balance it

·
Registered
577 Posts
Not sure what you were having done but I seriously doubt I would pay someone almost 200 bucks to tell me they can't do something.. Sounds more like a comp out. I asked the chevy dealer to check the bolts on my catback when I went in for an oil change. (Camaro not the Mustang) They were the selling dealer and when I got the bill they tacked on 80 bucks. I told them if they EVER wanted me back they would remove that for checking 4 bolts with a impact wrench.. The service person started making a faces so I said not a problem. Told her to give me the bill so I could pay it. She instead called the service manager back and told him I had a problem with the bill and left. Told that guy straight up it was crap and I would happily pay it but would never return. Lectured him on customer service for about 10 minutes lol. In the end he gave me the whole oil change for free. :p

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, i need a balance and alignment after lowering the rear end. where i live there arent many performance shops, let alone performance shops who do have capabilities to do aftermarket balance and alignment. i called about 10 tire shops and no one would touch it.
took it to European auto sales and they did it and wouldnt even charge me.

to top it off, i had to tell the saleman at ford what was different and new in his 2012 5.0.

i love mustangs, but cant stand ford. 189 bucks is what it cost me for them to "check" the vibration, "check" the alignment. the alignment was .05 off. so, they adjusted. ****ing crooks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts