Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the middle of my long tube install on my six i got all the bolts out on the passenger side off two on the driver side i cant remove the header to midpipe bolts off any suggestions or tips.:computer:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NO spacee its sucks i gave up on the midpipe completely i got a prochamber so im thinking i could take of the headers and midpipe together correct me if im wrong

·
M112'd Sixxer
1,703 Posts
Pb blaster or wd40, 1/2" drive breaker bar + extensions + socket.

Sent from my droid using my fingers.

·
M112'd Sixxer
1,703 Posts
NO spacee its sucks i gave up on the midpipe completely i got a prochamber so im thinking i could take of the headers and midpipe together correct me if im wrong
Cant be done. do what i said.

If that doesnt work, do you have an oxy/acetylene torch or someone that can bring theirs to you? Heat the nuts till they are cherry red and crack them loose.

·
M112'd Sixxer
1,703 Posts
1/2" drive breaker bar, 1-1.5' of extensions, wobble + deep socket or a deep swivel socket. and a lot of muscle

Or an impact.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Preferably get a long extension so you are able to get a toque wrench on it then you just need to have another person hold the extension so it doesn't slip off or use your other hand.

Or drink some muscle milk, shed the tang, grow a pair, and get it off with a socket driver.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Preferably get a long extension so you are able to get a toque wrench on it then you just need to have another person hold the extension so it doesn't slip off or use your other hand.

Or drink some muscle milk, shed the tang, grow a pair, and get it off with a socket driver.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
This is how I done..by myself of course.. Gotta put the ol purse away and put some man into it! Lol JK.. Good luck hope you get it..

·
M112'd Sixxer
1,703 Posts
muscle that bitch off. my car had 130k and i got mine off. good luck on the passenger side install though ;)
My driver side was a PITA to install. Passenger was a breeze, but i deleted the EGR.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts