Modded Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
i think i might have had to do that one or two of them, it was a long time ago

i do know it wasnt as big of a pain in the ass as everyone seems to say it is, hardest thing was putting the damn egr tube back on the longtube, should have just deleted it when i did them

oh well
Agreed on what the hardest part was.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I got one side cut the passengers sise is harder the blades keep getting bent and bouncy out I cant cut bedore the precat and I cant after so where do I cutt or do I have to cutbefore precat

·
Zippy Zip Custom \/
1,167 Posts
Im running late for work, but if you are on your stock exhaust, just cut all that **** off! Otherwise you will have to get a new exhaust system put it, so just hack and slash to get that stuff out!!!

·
M112'd Sixxer
1,703 Posts
Cut just before the rear cat, where the pipe comes down from the header.

Its been soo long since i seen a stock exhaust system on these cars so im not too sure how it goes.

Sent from my droid using my fingers.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I cut them out. theyre hanging from the pre cat now. just gotta swap them out now any suggestions. ima post up a pic of the bolt thats left because idk whats it called.

·
M112'd Sixxer
1,703 Posts
Thats an air injection line. Just use a crescent wrench if you have one, you can use a regular combo wrench but there is a higher chance of stripping it since youll be using the open end.

A line wrench(6 point box end with a slot cut in so you can fit it over the line) is the best tool for the job though.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
what longtubes did you buy? if you didnt buy the 99-00 specific MAC ones you will need to delete your air injection

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
ima get a crescent wrench tomorrow i got 99 specific mac long tubes i think it has the screww in point for the air injection. but what other differences should i look for and QUESTION! my o2 sensors do i need them extended or can i delete them with a tuner i dont have extensions i was going to solder some together if i need it but if i dont i rather not waste my time

·
M112'd Sixxer
1,703 Posts
You need your front O2 sensors, so extend the wires. you can shut the rears off.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
ima get a crescent wrench tomorrow i got 99 specific mac long tubes i think it has the screww in point for the air injection. but what other differences should i look for and QUESTION! my o2 sensors do i need them extended or can i delete them with a tuner i dont have extensions i was going to solder some together if i need it but if i dont i rather not waste my time
Not trying to be an ass but for future mods its usually best to do the research on things like that before you are in the middle of the project.

You will need to extend or buy extenders for the fronts,

like fink said you can shut the rear ones off

however, what shorty mid pipe did you buy? im assuming mac, so its going to have holes for the rear O2's in the mid pipe, you might as well just put them in and connect them

im running mac longtubes with a o/r shorty mac h pipe with all 4 O2's connected

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I cant take these air lines off I emptied pb on these two bolts for last two days I hit them with a hammer ive gotten a bigger crescent wrench I tried going up and down and nothing there stuck in there and mybattery is dying

61 - 80 of 96 Posts