Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
dirt/street Motorsports
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello every one my name is bret. i just picked up my first mustang an 05 gt 5 speed. and lovin it, it is all stock with 75 k miles ,i allso picked up the intune diablosport tuner .my ?, is there things about this model that i need to pay special attencion to or check, and witch tune do i pick with a K N drop in filter, the highest grade gas we have in AZ is 91. thank you in advance for your knowledge.BRET

·
dirt/street Motorsports
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
dirt/street Motorsports
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
I'm not that familiar with the intune unit but i'm sure it pretty much has the same parameters as the handheld. You don't need a tune for the K&N unless you get the intake tube. And even that I think is a no tune intake.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
imo the tune does all the work,i think i waisted money on the cai,it made it sound a little better but i didnt notice any gains at all

·
dirt/street Motorsports
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok cool! i will not worry about the CAI. K N drop in is good enough! i downloaded the 91 octane tune and filled up with 91. the car feels really peepy now. i like the intune, i guess ill do the full seafoam treatment next. Any tips about this 05 gt 5 speed is greatfully welcome. thanks guys

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
heres a tip drive the hell out of it and when something breaks (knock on wood) come here fond what need replaced and fixed or modded. then drive her hard again. also welcome to MM this place will consume your life and your personal life will be no more. we are now your crazy/gay/incestual family...have fun

·
dirt/street Motorsports
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GOT YA!!!!!

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
what are you going to be doing with the car. just a daily driver, driver and weekend racer, racing straight lines or corners. there are a lot of great mods that are inexpensive, but depending on what you want to do and what goals you have for the car will depend on what kind of mods are suggested

·
dirt/street Motorsports
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just a weekend cruizer,no racing .theres no dragg strip were i live,all i want is a little extra performance fun when nobodys looking with a awsome sounding exhaust i thought i would go with the flowmaster 50 series maybe the 40 series .any suggestions on the exhaust? the stock exhaust sounds ok but i would like it a little more aggresive. im 35 years old and i have torn up many cars racing and have learned my lessons [racing= lots of money.LOL, just looking for a little ME time when i can get away from the wife and kid

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
well as far as exhaust goes. look for a good axel back these cars have madrel bent pipes stock. i love my exhaust but the way to go is youtube or just video clips in general. or find someone that has that exhaust and hear it in person. being as your old and all you know about emissions

·
dirt/street Motorsports
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea i was looking at the axle back borla system for 650$ a little to expensive for just sound, just my 2 cents ,but the borla does sound badass.i guess ill do some more utube viewing. thanks for the input

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
no problem bret have fun stang bangin

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Consider the Roush extreme exhaust. It sounds amazing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts